• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lets Go Marlins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I think the Phillies and Braves are the top 2 teams in the NL East. The Fish will probably battle the Mets for 3rd in the division. In the Al East, I can see Tampa finishing 2nd behind the Yankees, Boston doesn't have enough offense. Price, Upton, and Soriano are 3 big keys for the Rays success.

I agree with all of this.  Hopefully Rays can get wild card. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think the Phillies and Braves are the top 2 teams in the NL East. The Fish will probably battle the Mets for 3rd in the division. In the Al East, I can see Tampa finishing 2nd behind the Yankees, Boston doesn't have enough offense. Price, Upton, and Soriano are 3 big keys for the Rays success.

So what does anyone think about the alleged talk of the MLB trying to move the Rays out of the AL East?

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

wont, and shouldnt happen.

So what does anyone think about the alleged talk of the MLB trying to move the Rays out of the AL East?

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Playoff's here we come.......

JJ is gonna win the Cy Young and Hanley MVP..........

Lets go Fish

I'm a Fish fan as well, but your predictions have been historically putrid. I think the Fish can make a run at the NL wildcard this year if the pitching holds up.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,461
  • Days Won:  13

Playoff's here we come.......

JJ is gonna win the Cy Young and Hanley MVP..........

Lets go Fish

I'm a Fish fan as well, but your predictions have been historically putrid. I think the Fish can make a run at the NL wildcard this year if the pitching holds up.

an honest opion and not a flame is that the Marlins should compete for the wild Card.... The Phillies are by far the best team in Baseball. That being said the Fish won 87 games last year and that was with the starting staff falling apart. Even Ricky spent some time in AAA. I like the Robertson pickup.... If Volstad, Sanchez, and Robertson can finish around .500 we make the playoffs.

Ricky and JJ will have big years.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

tampa has a good team

they have a nice little 3rd place team

But seem to be able to handle the marlins easily

How many World Series Titles do the 'Rays have again?

Guest Scherdin

I think Selig and the other Execs are seeing that 75% of the country is tired of seeing the Sox and Yankees  every year and that there is a very good team (the Rays), if not one of the top 5 in all of baseball that is getting the shaft because they are in the same division and also doesn't have the cash as the others.  If the Rays stay competitive no matter what, one of these teams is out.  And not having the Yanks or Sox in the playoffs is also not good for the economics of the sport.  The same goes for the Marlins in the NL East, with the Mets, Phils and even the Braves. 

Not sure how they would move them around, but I think it is a good idea.  Unless they do something similar to the NFL with 4 divisions and 2 wild card teams or do some serious schedule changes...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,461
  • Days Won:  13

ummm... the Rays have been a good team 2 times in their history, and won the AL East one of those years. How are they getting the shaft every year?

Guest Scherdin

Where did I say the Rays are getting the shaft every year? 

You are right the Rays have only been good the last two years, but when the Yankees and Red Sox have the money to spend at will and improve beyond what most teams can before and during a season it creates an imbalance.  So the wildcard team will usually end up being one of them.  So all the other teams that don't win their division are at a disadvantage.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Where did I say the Rays are getting the shaft every year? 

You are right the Rays have only been good the last two years, but when the Yankees and Red Sox have the money to spend at will and improve beyond what most teams can before and during a season it creates an imbalance.  So the wildcard team will usually end up being one of them.  So all the other teams that don't win their division are at a disadvantage.

Funny. The Marlins don't seem to have the same problem with having to pay big bucks to get good talent. Maybe the Rays have a generally deficient farm system, or maybe Larry Beinfest is a genius.

Archived