• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lets Go Marlins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

listen,

i think i made it pretty clear.  in my opinion bartlett is better for the rays then han ram would be if he was on the rays. 

han ram is a great player.  top 10....maybe even top 5.  but there is so much more that goes into being a team player and doing the little things.  taking a few extra pitches at the leadoff spot, hitting behind runners, bunting guys over, being a leader in the clubhouse, going to the mound to calm down a young pitcher, etc.

all these things bartlett does better then pretty much anyone.

han-ram is the opposite.  he is the poster child for ME FIRST.  which when you are the #3 hitter you arent supposed to move guys over or take a few extra pitches.

they play the same position but they play completely different roles. 

im done going back and forth with you because its a waste of time.  you are going to all of sudden change your opinion and i am not going to change mine.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

In other words you have a silly opinion that you can't back up with any measurable facts, just checking.  Blind homerism is blind homerism no matter how you try to spin it.  Not taking a top 5 player in baseball over a guy like Bartlett is silly and ignorant.  You might as well say you would keep Pena over Pujols, that's how absurd what you are saying is.  I thought just Buc's fans were out of touch with reality but i guess that has spread to Rays fans too. 

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

In other words you have a silly opinion that you can't back up with any measurable facts, just checking.  Blind homerism is blind homerism no matter how you try to spin it.  Not taking a top 5 player in baseball over a guy like Bartlett is silly and ignorant.  You might as well say you would keep Pena over Pujols, that's how absurd what you are saying is.  I thought just Buc's fans were out of touch with reality but i guess that has spread to Rays fans too. 

now you are just being dumb.

there arent "measurable" facts for why i like bartlett and think he is the MVP of the rays.  i clearly stated them in my last post.  if you have trouble with reading comprehension thats not my problem.

have a good night.

I can read just fine but the stupidity of what I'm reading is just stifling.  Like i said the Vorp says its all.   

"It follows, then, that a contribution of any runs helps a team toward a win, no matter how small the contribution"

Taken from a description of Vorp and what it tracks, this is why your opinion is silly. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,461
  • Days Won:  13

Ya Im sure the Rays would turn down Hanley for Bartlett if Beinfest called.

Ya Im sure the Rays would turn down Hanley for Bartlett if Beinfest called.

Yeah, i mean this is so blatantly stupid that I'm beginning to wonder if I'm getting trolled.  I'm gunna give him the benefit of the doubt and just hope that he's trolling, if not, may God have mercy on his soul. 

I mean honestly if he were to argue for Zobrist i would give that a serious listen since in just about every measurable way he was the Rays MVP and most important player last season. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,461
  • Days Won:  13

I can play that game too......

I would rather have Wes Helms than Evan Longoria. Because Helms is a great team leader and mentor to our young guys.

Also for those wondering Zobrist led the majors in WAR. 

Archived