• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lets Go Marlins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

and other than josh beckett and aj burnett (burnett is questionable all star)

what marlins have left for greener pastures?

Sheff, Renteria, Derek Lee, Lowell were all very productive when they left and afterwards 

Also the Rays Payroll was over 30mil more than the marlins last season (quick google couldn't find the 2010 numbers)

sheffield was a star before he came to the marlins. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miguel Cabrerra, Dontrelle Willis (fell off the face of the Earth in Detroit, but is slated as their #3 starter this year)

willis is NOT slated to be their #3.

you might want to check again.  willis is going to get cut and the tigers will wish they never heard his name.

willis is a huge BUST.  i would say congrats marlins fans for dumping him but you also gave up caberera and got 2 busts in return.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Miguel Cabrerra, Dontrelle Willis (fell off the face of the Earth in Detroit, but is slated as their #3 starter this year)

willis is NOT slated to be their #3.

you might want to check again.  willis is going to get cut and the tigers will wish they never heard his name.

willis is a huge BUST.  i would say congrats marlins fans for dumping him but you also gave up caberera and got 2 busts in return.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100330&content_id=9016098&vkey=news_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det

I heard the #3 thing from PTI. But that article says he made the roster.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Han-ram, Beckett, and Josh Johnson had nothing to do with the 1997 team

han ram came in the beckett trade. 

please explain to me what that had to do with the 97 team?  Beckett was a marlins draft pick who was traded with lowell for hanram.  I don't see your point?  A

Miller and Maybin are a bit young to call busts, well unless you like to call players in their mid 20's busts.  Not everyone has immediate success when they reach the majors.  You are just being argumentative now. 

Also you are captain try to ruin marlins threads, i know you have a hard on for randy but please take that **** to PM's

this really has nothing to do with randy.  i dont have a "hard on"

please.

but maybin might be good and miller might be good but they are busts because they have been in the league for a little while now and havent shown the slightest bit of getting it.

Han-ram, Beckett, and Josh Johnson had nothing to do with the 1997 team

han ram came in the beckett trade. 

please explain to me what that had to do with the 97 team?  Beckett was a marlins draft pick who was traded with lowell for hanram.  I don't see your point?  A

im just saying you can really use han ram and beckett in the same arguement about how great the marlins front office was because they couldnt have one without the other.

i dont know enough about which pick was used to get j johnson (if it was a comp pick of their own pick)

stop being so **** defensive.

Well Beckett was a great draft pick that we used to get one of the best players in baseball when we couldn't afford Beckett anymore.  Replacing a great player you can't afford for one of the best prospects in baseball is the definition of a good move. 

Maybin has played one full season in the majors, lets not write him off yet and Miller has less than 50 career starts and is only 25.  Miller i can see being close to writing off by Maybin is a bit of a reach.  If he struggles this season things don't look good for him but you can't just write a guy off after one full season in the majors when he's as young as Maybin is. 

Archived