• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlotte WR Mut is USF's first '11 commitment

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Welcome Alex.

He had offers also from Duke and Rutgers. So, he shouldn't have trouble qualifying.

March 15, 2010

Charlotte WR Mut is USF's first '11 commitment

USF coach Skip Holtz has landed his first oral commitment toward the Class of 2011, as Alex Mut, a 6-foot-2, 185-pound receiver from Punta Gorda Charlotte, accepted a scholarship offer on Monday to play for the Bulls.

"I've always loved USF. It's always been where I want to go," said Mut, who earned second-team Class 4A all-state honors after catching 58 passes for 1,014 yards and 14 touchdowns as a junior last fall.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/03/charlotte-wr-mut-is-usfs-first-11-commitment.html#comments

Scout profile.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=4040159

I was composing my thread on him at the time you posted your thread. Sorry for the duplication.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

How does Mutt feel about this pick up?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Second team all state jr from home base, I'll take him.

• Content Count:  21,295
  • Days Won:  10

Mutt likes when you talk about Mut, it makes Mutt happy to hear the name Mut.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Anybody know of any video of the kid?

FREE story on Scout. [At least it is at the moment.]

Bulls Get 1st Commit for 2011 from Alext Mut 

By Larry Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Posted Mar 15, 2010 

Tomorrow is the first day of spring practice for USF, but today the Bulls got another first when Alex Mut a 6’3-185 pound receiver out of Charlotte HS became their first commitment for the 2011 recruiting class. On the heels of a fantastic turnout of recruits at Junior Day, the rising Florida star has committed to play for the Bulls. Read on for all the details.

After a great 2010 class, the South Florida Bulls are off to a good start in 2011 and have received an early commitment from one of the top rising players when Alex Mut, a 6’3-185 pound receiver from Port Charlotte pledged his services to USF this afternoon.

“Yes sir I committed to USF just a few hours ago,†said Mut. “I love everything about USF, it’s a great location and it’s close to home. I always wanted to go to USF, so it wasn’t much of a decision.â€

Mut attended USF’s junior day two weekends ago took a tour of the campus, met the coaching staff and was very high on USF after the visit.

“I went up there for junior day and had a great time,†said Mut. “I loved their facilities, loved the coaches, and loved the feel.â€

The Charlotte standout chose the Bulls over early offers from Duke, Rutgers, and Dartmouth. As a junior he caught 56 passes for 1,017 yards and 14 touchdowns, earning second-team all-state in Class 4A, All-area, and all county. Mut also carries a 4.2 GPA and scored a 26 on his ACT and is fully qualified.

This is just what the Bulls needed to start the 2011 recruiting season – a highly productive all-state athlete who also excels in the classroom. And with Carlton Mitchell heading to the NFL and seniors A.J. love and Dontavia Bogan graduating next year, restocking the receiver is a priority for 2011.

“I’ve been talking about it with my dad and my coach for awhile now, and feel that USF is the best choice for me,†said Mut. “I’ve been there many times and love the campus and the atmosphere.â€

Mut’s sister already goes to USF and the receiver has known the coaching staff at USF for several years and has always wanted to go to USF.

“Coach Franks has been a friend to Charlotte, and I’ve known him for a couple of years,†said Mut. “He’s always wanted me to go there, and I’ve always wanted to go there.â€

“I talked to Coach Holtz at junior day, and called him today,†said Mut. “He was very excited about the commit, and so was I.â€

Mut said he’s been a fan of USF for a long time and watched every game last year, and loved how the receivers played and were used. He also took notice of Carlton Mitchell who is about to be drafted into the NFL.

“They showed as a receiver unit that they can get it done and Mitchell had a great year,†said Mut. “It’s probably the coaching they received and the work effort they have.â€

“I’ve met coach McGeoghan and he’s a very likable guy. I think he’s the type of coach that can definitely help coach me up.â€

The All-State receiver said he also got a chance to meet Bulls QB B.J. Daniels. “He’s a great quarterback, and I remember watching him all last season. He’s a heck of an athlete and I hope I get a chance to catch some of his passes.â€

The charlotte standout said there wasn’t one reason he chose USF, but what he called a perfect combination.

“It was everything put together. I loved their facilities, the campus, it’s close to home and I loved the feel I got when I was there,†said Mut. “And of course they have a great football program with great coaches. It all fitsâ€

It’s early in the recruiting stage, but Mut said that there’s no wavering on his decision.

“My commitment is 100 percent,†said Mut. “That’s where I always wanted to go.â€

Stay tuned for more on Alex Mut and the rest of the 2011 recruiting class

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/954303.html

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Sounds like a great kid who truly wants to be a BULL. I love the fact that Coach Holtz is going after some kids who have very high academic credentials. It's refreshing.

Archived