• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip and an OCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I hate to this (not really) but

I know some of you mentioned that Skip agrees that we need an OCS in the Town Hall thread.

But does this mean the push for an OCS will increase seeing how we finally have a head coach that wants an OCS?

Thoughts?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

There's a difference between needing an OCS and NEEDING an OCS.

We need an OSC, but we NEED a new baseball stadium, softball stadium, and to renovate the SunDome.

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

If OCS stands for on campus stadium, yes i think that should be the goal eventually, but those don't come cheap, and RJ when the USF logos are painted on the field and the place is packed is not the worst place. But I as well think the priority should be to renovate the sun dome.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Jim Leavitt called Raymond James Stadium his most valuable recruiting tool. Let Holtz recruit for a year or two here before he decides how he feels about playing there. I agree with the position that I think Leavitt maintained while he was coach — any stadium that's not at least close to Raymond James in quality isn't worth it. USF should wait until it can afford to build a top notch stadium before worrying about it, and that is YEARS away.

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Jim Leavitt called Raymond James Stadium his most valuable recruiting tool. Let Holtz recruit for a year or two here before he decides how he feels about playing there. I agree with the position that I think Leavitt maintained while he was coach — any stadium that's not at least close to Raymond James in quality isn't worth it. USF should wait until it can afford to build a top notch stadium before worrying about it, and that is decades away.

fixed

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

That whole "Raymond James" is our biggest tool always seemed more like a political response to me.

As I've said before, the stadium is great for the fans, and might wow recruits I initially, but outside of playing on a pro field what do they get out of it? They can't come and go as they please, their lockerroom is cramped.

I always heard that Leavitt wanted a OCS, but knew it wasn't a realistic thing, and it won't be for awhile.

As for needing to be RJS quality, you can build a nice venue without some of the stuff they have there. Louisville did.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We do need an OCS and now that we have paid for a new baseball stadium, softball stadium, and a renovated / enhanced Sun Dome I think the University needs to AT LEAST start a committee to review and see what we could build and how much a new decent one would cost.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

In this budget crisis? No way Dixie.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

... we finally have a head coach that wants an OCS?

Leavitt wanted an OCS ... you do with what you have. Which is pretty **** good for the money.

We need more crasy arsh donors before we can think of an OCS.

• Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Can you just imagine what hits the fan when we build an OCS?

EVERYONE had better start ponying up some serious cash to build your priorty points. After all, you'll want good seats in the new stadium.

After that you'll get to pay some ridiculous seat deposits to sit/stand on bleachers.

As some say - "Be careful what you ask for."

Archived