• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip and an OCS

Guest Sunburned

The chairback issue is simple.

The way they do it at UF & FSU:

ISP sells a service where they put a cushioned seat with a back in YOUR specified seats. You can pay per game or for the whole season. I know at FSU it's $45 for the entire season. They strap it down so people can't steal you seat cushion.

Those who would complain about not having a seatback, would either pay for the service or bring their own seat cushion with seatback.

It wouldn't be a dealbreaker for fans to not go to a game.

Those are are not even close to the seats at the RayJay.  I used to attend men's and women's soccer  games, and brought my own stadium seat w/back but it just wasn't comfortable enough for my back, so I quit going.  I will do the same if an OCS football stadium is built without individual seats.  BTDT not going to do it again. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Hightech you are seriously doubting college sports and their revenues.

Even if we stay at RJS there will come a time where USF could come in and say pay up or move to a ninbooster section

Very true, but USF has yet to reach the arrogance of a Penn State, USC, or even Flordia schools like UF & FSU when treating their donors and season ticket holders. Most of the athletics department staff consists of the same people from the first season of football.  They are very appreciative of long time donors & ticket holders.

What worries me is if some new hot shot management comes in and looks only at dollar signs and not long term loyalty.

Right now the USF fan base is not large enough and USF is not so high in demand that they would risk booting long time donors.  All that may change if USF reaches the following of UF or even FSU.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,654
  • Days Won:  424

Hightech you are seriously doubting college sports and their revenues.

Even if we stay at RJS there will come a time where USF could come in and say pay up or move to a ninbooster section

Very true, but USF has yet to reach the arrogance of a Penn State, USC, or even Flordia schools like UF & FSU when treating their donors and season ticket holders. Most of the athletics department staff consists of the same people from the first season of football.  They are very appreciative of long time donors & ticket holders.

What worries me is if some new hot shot management comes in and looks only at dollar signs and not long term loyalty.

Right now the USF fan base is not large enough and USF is not so high in demand that they would risk booting long time donors.  All that may change if USF reaches the following of UF or even FSU.

Right, there is no way they do that now but when it comes time for the OCS I would imagine everybody's donation level goes up out of necessity, not just the removal of the grandfathering ...

Archived