• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ford Dismissed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  86
  • Days Won:  0

Obviously MF never took this opportunity seriously. Hopefully this will send a message to the rest of the team. Give 100 percent or get out of the way. (sorry I have little sympathy for repeat violations)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is probably a blessing in disguise

I agree.  

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

he is probably the most athletically gifted player we've seen... you should see him play basketball...

hopefully he gets his SR year somewhere and moves on to the NFL.

why hopefully?

he was given talent and how many chances does he need to learn how to use it?

i dont feel sorry for the kid.  i always yelled for leavitt to get ford in the game (for the last 2 years) and i was very excited to see him dominate this year knowing that he had a great bowl game and a new coach.

yet...how does he respond to that?  smokes some more weed instead of being in the gym every day.

come on...you are 21..you can get completely wasted on LIQ.  why do you need to smoke weed?

hard for anyone to say "hopefully" he does something.

i do 'hope" that he goes on to successful things...

a lot more people that just mike ford smoke weed...

his problem was that he thought he could consistently get away with stuff...

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

"So, I hear you guys are looking for a starting RB?"

Mr. Hayes come on doooooowwwwwwnnnnn!

• Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Mike has an unreal amount of god given talent, but never thought he has to work for anything. This pisses me off so much. He could be a ridiculously talented back, but look what happens. Mike is the nicest guy in the world, but seems like an idiot. I have always been an avid supporter of him, screaming at every game to put him in. I am very disappointed. I talked to him at the Cincy basketball game last Tuesday and he seemed fine, ready to get his shot at playing this fall.

I hope he learns from this

You kind of hit the nail on the head. My sister knew him at Sarasota HS. Nicest guy in the world, but not the smartest. Allegedly his mother transferred him from Riverview to Sarasota because Coach Sprague and his staff had him spending extraordinary amounts of time working out vs academic learning. So when he had to go to community college first, it was no surprise. I actually thought that he would get kicked off the team for academic issues and am surprised he made it this far. Was it drugs? I don't know. I do know I wish him the best of luck and hope he gets help for whatever has derailed his shot for a much better life.

Since Ford was dismissed can he transfer? I shutter to think of him popping up at UCF.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

In the 2009 season, I remember him producing the most in two games, one was against the 2nd worst team in the BE, the other was against a MAC team.  Not saying he's not a good running back, but I think we will be ok as someone will be able to step in and pick up the slack.  We have no shortage of running backs.  

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Since Ford was dismissed can he transfer? I shutter to think of him popping up at UCF.

I think he only has one year of eligibilty left so will need to go D-2 or D-1AA, not D-1A.  A similar case is preston parker of FSU.  He got dismissed last january as a junior, transferred to North Alabama, and is now working out at the combine.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

preston parker also caught weapon charges.

so lets please not compare him to mike ford.

and yes cmhatter...alot of people do smoke weed but a lot of people arent 2 solid years of working out away from millions of dollars.

In the 2009 season, I remember him producing the most in two games, one was against the 2nd worst team in the BE, the other was against a MAC team.  Not saying he's not a good running back, but I think we will be ok as someone will be able to step in and pick up the slack.  We have no shortage of running backs.  

Well, that was a combination of his game suspensions and being in the dog house. The result was running back by committee. You are talking about 2 games where he was fed the ball. RBs need to get into a rhythm, feel out the defense and see how the O line is handling the D line. You can't get a carry here and one there and do that. The competence of the offensive coordinator is key too.

Archived