• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ford Dismissed

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

And the down, up, down offseason continues.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  684

Wait?  I thought only Leavitt was holding Mike back?   ::)

Smoking dope is holding him back. lol

• Content Count:  113

Theres a long way between now and training camp. If Mike Mercer, after all his **** ups, can still be with the Bulls I refuse to believe Ford is off the team until the first game when he's not on the roster.

Sometimes this is what it takes. The ******** 1/2 game suspensions CJL was doling out wasn't registering with Mike maybe this is the reality check he needs to get his head on straight.

Lets be honest, even a half-baked unmotivated Mike Ford is still better than all our other backs combined. I'm pretty sure Skip knows this too.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

mike has been saying he wasn't playing football anymore for the passed few weeks.

hes been talking about a lot of family related stuff

hasn't been at practice in awhile

oh come on...and you havent ran to this site with that information?

you always seem to love to talk about the inside info you catch.  even when it was about ford getting a moped ticket.

now you say he has been talking family for a few weeks?

he failed a drug test (most likely) this wasnt his choice to leave.  he got kicked off the team.

im not saying it was his choice that he left... the only thing i know is that he hasn't been at practice for awhile. had no clue he was going to get kicked off...

it is quite possible that he did fail a drug test.

• Content Count:  12,293

Lets be honest, even a half-baked unmotivated Mike Ford is still better than all our other backs combined.

in one breath you say how half game suspensions didnt mean anything to mike and in your next line you say he will be brought back.

maybe this isnt just about mike ford.  maybe it is skip holtz sending a message to this team that they need to respect the chance they are given and there is thousands of other kids out there who arent as talented but would work harder to get their scholarship.

Mike Ford is great and i would love to see him on our team.  I hope he comes back.  But, i dont think Skip did made this move with the thought of bringing him back.  Basketball is a little different than football.  mercer was able to stay in game shape by just going to the Y.  Ford has had challenges with staying in shape when he was on the team...let alone being kicked off.

i think we have seen the last of Mike on the USF.

And the down, up, down offseason continues.

i still say the UP is winning

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Mike has an unreal amount of god given talent, but never thought he has to work for anything. This pisses me off so much. He could be a ridiculously talented back, but look what happens. Mike is the nicest guy in the world, but seems like an idiot. I have always been an avid supporter of him, screaming at every game to put him in. I am very disappointed. I talked to him at the Cincy basketball game last Tuesday and he seemed fine, ready to get his shot at playing this fall.

I hope he learns from this

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Mike has an unreal amount of god given talent, but never thought he has to work for anything. This pisses me off so much. He could be a ridiculously talented back, but look what happens. Mike is the nicest guy in the world, but seems like an idiot. I have always been an avid supporter of him, screaming at every game to put him in. I am very disappointed. I talked to him at the Cincy basketball game last Tuesday and he seemed fine, ready to get his shot at playing this fall.

I hope he learns from this

he is probably the most athletically gifted player we've seen... you should see him play basketball...

he has a crazy vert....

runs a 4.5/40(no pads)....

weighs 230lbs....

squats around 600lbs....

hopefully he gets his SR year somewhere and moves on to the NFL.

he is probably the most athletically gifted player we've seen... you should see him play basketball...

hopefully he gets his SR year somewhere and moves on to the NFL.

why hopefully?

he was given talent and how many chances does he need to learn how to use it?

i dont feel sorry for the kid.  i always yelled for leavitt to get ford in the game (for the last 2 years) and i was very excited to see him dominate this year knowing that he had a great bowl game and a new coach.

yet...how does he respond to that?  smokes some more weed instead of being in the gym every day.

come on...you are 21..you can get completely wasted on LIQ.  why do you need to smoke weed?

hard for anyone to say "hopefully" he does something.

• Content Count:  2,523

This sucks.  But if he left the coaches no choice, then that's on him and USF will be better for it bc maybe his example will save a few future talents.  Maybe this opens the door for Taylor to get a shot after all who I think is the best game back we have.  I have been looking forward to Mitchell and Ford to go off their senior years, JPP is gone with a year left after a one and done...Man, could this offseason of "suck" get any worse?  lol  Next thing you know, BJ is going to give up football for basketball full time... lol

Archived