• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No surprises, Jim Louk says its complete at 19.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Noone knows for a few years, but this class is probably a C for a D-1 program.  However, we did pretty well addressing needs on the OL so it could be more valuable than it appears.  I have a hard time giving it more when you have half the NCAA ranked higher by everyone.  If not for Chandler and Trex, this wouldve been a massive fail PR wise.  Next year is going to be critical to restarting the hype machine.  If we have 3-4 not qualify, this would be a massive step back and would have me pretty worried about the future.

i agree with you

this class is a dissapointment, outside of a couple of big recruits this is a c-doa level class

there is no excuse for ucf having a better class than us

All but, what, 4 or 5 guys were 3 star or better.  The average stars was about the same as last year. Total number of recruits lowers the ranking.  Just chill, or better yet, go root for UCF.

+1

look at the average if you're really concerned with how those services rank players. This class is slightly below last years. we rank 3rd in the BE and we're like 25 spots ahead of UCF on scout's rankings when adjusted for average instead of total.

I guess you liked it better when we signed a bunch of 4 stars that never qualified so we could win the recruiting rankings trophy and play in the recruiting rankings bowl.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I give this class a B...

I like how we address some needs in the trenches... We missed out on some guys but we brought in the guy I wanted most: t-Rex!

Chandler was a great get...

Wish we signed one less RB and added a juco QB

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

I think it's a great class considering a coaching change and limited scholarships.

Exactly!  Next year we get to see if Skip can recruit against UF.

• Content Count:  1,240
  • Days Won:  0

Noone knows for a few years, but this class is probably a C for a D-1 program.  However, we did pretty well addressing needs on the OL so it could be more valuable than it appears.  I have a hard time giving it more when you have half the NCAA ranked higher by everyone.  If not for Chandler and Trex, this wouldve been a massive fail PR wise.  Next year is going to be critical to restarting the hype machine.  If we have 3-4 not qualify, this would be a massive step back and would have me pretty worried about the future.

i agree with you

this class is a dissapointment, outside of a couple of big recruits this is a c-doa level class

All but, what, 4 or 5 guys were 3 star or better.  The average stars was about the same as last year. Total number of recruits lowers the ranking.  Just chill, or better yet, go root for UCF.

**** dont get mad about it... im not saying the class sucked, just saying its a dissapointment, i was hoping to build on last years success, and yes i get angry when i see us get turned down by all of the 4 star talent i had my hopes up about

bugs me even more to see some of them go to the poor mans version of usf

• Content Count:  2,523

Have all 19 qualified?  Last I heard, we could be looking at a few who won't and if that's the case, it falls even more.  I love this program as much as anyone and want to be stoked like I was last year, but when you see WASHINGTON and STANFORD in the top 25 and we're around 50, that's sobering.  Did anyone see Auburn's class?  Holy crap.  Didn't see that coming...

• Content Count:  1,251

i agree with you

**** dont get mad about it... im not saying the class sucked, just saying its a dissapointment, i was hoping to build on last years success, and yes i get angry when i see us get turned down by all of the 4 star talent i had my hopes up about

bugs me even more to see some of them go to the poor mans version of usf

i agree i am a little disappointed about this class.....we did ok.....but the real recruiting test for holtz is next year!!

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I am happy with what we got. We will have a speedy defensive players.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Have all 19 qualified?  Last I heard, we could be looking at a few who won't and if that's the case, it falls even more.  I love this program as much as anyone and want to be stoked like I was last year, but when you see WASHINGTON and STANFORD in the top 25 and we're around 50, that's sobering.  Did anyone see Auburn's class?  Holy crap.  Didn't see that coming...

washington signed 31 guys. that's why they're ranked so high.

we signed 30 guys last year. we could sign every 4 star in the country that won't qualify and we'd have the best class in the country. won't do us much good on the field though.

last year we ranked 31 on scout's if you look at average. this year we rank 41. not bad for a coaching change a few weeks ago plus we finally addressed a position of need at the o-line which has been called "thin" for 5 years now.

They don't get as many highly rated players as the skill positions do. we could load up on RBs and get a better rating like in the past or sign some linemen and not win the recruiting wars.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Still trying to figure out why there is disappointment in this class. OL needs were more than addressed with this class. Some very nice defensive pick ups to go along with a strong defensive class from 2009. We may have found a punt returner, which we sorely need.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

This offseason (and next season for that matter) are all about addition by subtraction.  Skip needs to take out the garbage for a few more months.

Between the small size of this class and the defections by players who aren't into skip. . . . . . .I bet we take in 30 LOI's next year and boast a top 25 class.

With that said, Skip was only here three weeks and he flipped a kid from FSU and flipped a kid from Arkansas.

He also told Carnes to take a walk (IMO, the most credibility this program has gained in a single day since we beat Auburn).

the biggest upset today was that Torrian Wilson switched from UL to UCF. . . . . . . our people on the ground should have been on to the fact he was waffling and we should have pounced.

Archived