• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deonte Welch WR/Ath

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Pulling the scholarship was expected.  He's ours.

lets hope... taking away SEC players is always good.

There was a story earlier this week that they would pull it if he took a visit here. And we have no other WRs other than Montague.  I haven't seen anyone officially report a commitment but I think it will happen.

As for the SEC, Bobby Petrino knows offensive skill players so I take that well.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Pulling the scholarship was expected.  He's ours.

lets hope... taking away SEC players is always good.

There was a story earlier this week that they would pull it if he took a visit here. And we have no other WRs other than Montague.  I haven't seen anyone officially report a commitment but I think it will happen.

As for the SEC, Bobby Petrino knows offensive skill players so I take that well.

Yeah, I had read that as well, that why is was kind of amused that the Hogs were discussing it.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

we need this guy...

probly make an impact year 1 (return game too)

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Thanks for the link.  Hope his visit goes well!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Welch wills Williston hoops to win over Santa Fe

By John Patton

Staff writer

Published: Friday, January 29, 2010 at 6:01 a.m.

Last Modified: Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 12:31 a.m.

( page of 2 )

WILLISTON — One of the biggest trips of Deonte Welch's young life could wait.

The Gainesville Sun's small-school football offensive player of the year in 2009, Welch has committed to play football at Arkansas. But this weekend, he is going to take one last peek at the University of South Florida before making his college selection official next Wednesday on National Signing Day.

However, with Santa Fe making the bus ride to Williston on Friday night in a game showcasing the top two teams in District 5-3A, Welch wasn't about to let his Red Devil basketball teammates down.

It's a good thing, because the 6-foot-1 senior scored 16 points, pulled down nine rebounds, dished out four assists and snagged four steals to lead WHS to a 64-60 victory against the scrappy Raiders on Friday night.

“I had to be here,†said Welch, an all-state tailback who will play receiver in college. “I couldn't have my team go out here without me.

“(The USF coaches) understood I needed to be here.â€

<snip>

But in the end, a lot of the talk came back to the player who chose to participate in a game few would have blamed him for missing.

“Deonte is unbelievable,†Faulkner said. “It's the same thing on the football field. His will to win is unmatched. I don't know that I've seen any like him.

“I'm just glad we've got him.â€

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100129/ARTICLES/100139990/1046

I presume that Deonte still took his visit after the BB game, and that might have gotten Arkansas to pull his scholarship, if they did.

There was some discussion about Deonte going to the BB game in this thread. I didn't go through all of it to confirm if his schollie was pulled.

http://recruiting.arkansasonline.com/index.php/2010/01/30/jones-tidbit/

This is a classic quote from that Blog

"Surely Welsh knows that SFU just lost their OC. I can understand him wanting to stay close to home for many reasons but come play for SFU we just lost our OC or come play for the best offense in the SEC and with a Heisman candidtate throwing you the ball. I guess there is no place like home if he switches"

This Razorback mispells Welch's name and then goes on to call us SFU. Too funny. The blog discussion I saw earlier about pulling his scholarship was at Razorvile. net or something like that. I lost it and haven't back tracked yet. I was getting hounded by the Scout team at the time.

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

This is a classic quote from that Blog

"Surely Welsh knows that SFU just lost their OC. I can understand him wanting to stay close to home for many reasons but come play for SFU we just lost our OC or come play for the best offense in the SEC and with a Heisman candidtate throwing you the ball. I guess there is no place like home if he switches"

This Razorback mispells Welch's name and then goes on to call us SFU. Too funny. The blog discussion I saw earlier about pulling his scholarship was at Razorvile. net or something like that. I lost it and haven't back tracked yet. I was getting hounded by the Scout team at the time.

Yeah and we ONLY lost our OC....lol Oh, and by the way the new HC is the one that was coaching ECU that if the kicker had been any good at all would've beat Arkansas with non BCS talent.

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Reef,

What are your thoughts on the Welch update on USFnation?

Archived