• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deonte Welch WR/Ath

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

By our count, USF is up to 14 commitments, in addition to the four players who enrolled for the spring semester last month.

Question .... I thought we only had 14 spots available? Does this mean we are 4 over because of the Spring enrollees?

I thought we picked up at least 2 with JPP and CM leaving early.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

By our count, USF is up to 14 commitments, in addition to the four players who enrolled for the spring semester last month.

Question .... I thought we only had 14 spots available? Does this mean we are 4 over because of the Spring enrollees?

I thought we picked up at least 2 with JPP and CM leaving early.

Hopefully one of our recruitniks can clear this up ...

• Content Count:  1,913

It's hard to get an exact count. If Plancher gets a sixth year, USF would have 15 available. But if Jason Sherman can't play again because of his Achilles, there's another one. And inevitably, some lesser players will transfer out this spring ...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It's hard to get an exact count. If Plancher gets a sixth year, USF would have 15 available. But if Jason Sherman can't play again because of his Achilles, there's another one. And inevitably, some lesser players will transfer out this spring ...

Greg...Can any of the four players who enrolled in january count towards last year's class. I'm asking because quite a few signees didn't make it here in the fall and I wasn't sure if we ended up using all 25 scholarships.

• Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

Nice. We lose Ace but get another short, fast slot-receiver. Nice to get a guy to decommit from Arkansas too. Woohoo!

• Content Count:  3,691

Greg...Can any of the four players who enrolled in january count towards last year's class. I'm asking because quite a few signees didn't make it here in the fall and I wasn't sure if we ended up using all 25 scholarships.

Mama,

I don't think the size of the class came into play.  It was more how many schollies are available.

But if Jason Sherman can't play again because of his Achilles, there's another one.

I guess I'm naive in this regard but if Sherman can't play agin because of a football injury, he loses his full ride?

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

But if Jason Sherman can't play again because of his Achilles, there's another one.

I guess I'm naive in this regard but if Sherman can't play agin because of a football injury, he loses his full ride?

I'm not sure about this, but wouldn't he still get the ride, but it wouldn't count against the scholarships?

I'm not sure about this, but wouldn't he still get the ride, but it wouldn't count against the scholarships?

That makes sense and I hope you're right...

Archived