• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SI: Grading the New Coaching Hires...USF A-

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I disagree with their raiting of Strong's hire... in my opinion Skip and some of the others were much better hires and no way is strong an A+... sounds like they are kissing some Gayturd tail.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

I disagree with their raiting of Strong's hire... in my opinion Skip and some of the others were much better hires and no way is strong an A+... sounds like they are kissing some Gayturd tail.

They're going through Messiah withdrawals already ...

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

demoted at south carolina....under his own dad too? does that concern anyone else besides me or is it just whateva

No.  Because it appears Lou had it in his contract that Skip would succeed him at South Carolina should he retire and Skip be the OC.  Demoting him to QB coach prevented that.  They did it after a 5-6 season and likely already had eyes on Spurrier.

I believe I either heard Skip or his wife say that he left the HC job at CONN and went to USC as an assistant to his dad because he wanted to be closer to his mom who had throat cancer at the time. Lou only had the one position available and so that's the reason for the professional demotion but, wow what does that say about Skip's love for his family? By the way, he's surrounded by family now! I'm actually really looking forward to Jennifer Holtz being involved with these young men as well. She seems like an amazing woman and Lord knows most 18-22 year old boys could use some women's advice from time to time.

but when he came from UCONN he became USC Offensive coordinator.....

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

A- is a good assessment. Calm down!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

A- is a good assessment. Calm down!

You know that won't happen  ;D

• Content Count:  1,985

holtz is a great hire

How long will this love affair last ?

First ding will be if we lose to UF, second will be our first BE loss... we will be board firing him at 8-5.....

• Content Count:  2,511

If you look at the second page of the article, under the picture caption it says this...

Former West Virginia and USF assistant Doc Holliday will use his Florida recruiting ties to upgrade the talent at Marshall.

... it then goes on to say this in the articel itself...

The longtime West Virginia assistant and South Florida recruiting titan could turn the Thundering Herd back into a player for the first time since Byron Leftwich left.

I've followed USF football since its inception, I've never heard of this guy on our staff.

Doc Holliday was also last seen in a shootout at the OK Corral.  ;)

Archived