• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BREAKING: Colby Erskin supports McSherlock's claim

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

Paul Jacob Miller, Joel Miller's older brother, told Tampa radio station 620-WDAE last month that since his brother is a walk-on and is not on scholarship "if he opens his mouth at all, he has everything to lose."

This is what I don't understand. He could get a scholly somewhere in 1AA. He's a Kick Off Coverage guy. question.gif

Miller's brother also told WDAE that "the whole team saw it [the incident]."

I know for a FACT, that this is 100% wrong.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

can they just go ahead and make a decision about this?   :Bang

They need to.  Otherwise you just keep giving McMurphy and his guys a window of opportunity to further damage individuals and the program.  McMurphy's latest gossip piece will explode on the internet.  Even though the Chris Robinson comments did not, this will be picked up everywhere and it's nothing but gossip about a player's fall from grace and his subsequent attempt at revenge.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

And where's the proof that LEAVITT was the one that put Erskin's stuff in the trash??  Sound more like something another player would do rather than the coach.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

And this is further proof.

Erskin, who suffered a season-ending torn ACL in October, was not in the locker room and did not witness the incident

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Even though the Chris Robinson comments did not,

what comments did Chris make?  I missed it.

• Content Count:  172

I heard from a player that the incident did happen and a majority of the team witnessed the accident...This is a serious post not a joke, the unfortunate thing is that the informant did not witness incident but was told about incident.

CJL might get away with incident unless someone comes out and says that they witnessed incident with their own eyes.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It appears they were waiting until after the bowl to interview some outgoing seniors that did not want to impact potential bowl playing time.  If that was my son/daughter, I'd have told them to interview and tell the truth.  If the coach were to take retalitory action, it's a lawsuit.

I agree that this doesn't mean much.  It makes for another seemingly shocking story for the 'Stache, but from an investigative standpoint means nothing.  We already know that Miller told people he was assaulted by Leavitt.  We still have not heard any eyewitness say that he did.  We have heard eyewitnesses say that he did not.

Joel Miller could have easily been embarassed by Leavitt calling him out, and embellished his story to make himself look better.  I'M NOT SAYING THAT's WHAT HAPPENED.  I am merely saying that I'd like to think that we still live in a country where people are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.  I know some of you would rather convict people on rumor and heresay, but that's not the country I live in.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

The thing that is disturbing in this, though, is the throwing of Colby's stuff in the trash bin .... if that is true, which I have to assume it is because of the named source being the soon-to-be ex equipment manager.

Look on the bright side, Colby, at least you weren't locked in a shed.

• Content Count:  2,052

The whole thing about this is, is the whiney, cry baby attitudes of players who think that their talent is the best around and can't take the realities of football. If Coach struck him, why the big deal. Did he abuse him sexually, did he cause any physical harm? No way. This is manning up. Will daddy go after the man who beats his kid up if he is in a fight? If his kid illegally drinks a beer at a party, will he go after the person who gave him that beer? I think not. It's the pussying of the process. Players like Miller and the like do not need to be in sports. What would happen if the kid were in bootcamp? Would he cry to whomever that his D.I. was too rough on him? probably! Let's just get over this and the real men stand up! If coach did pop him, the kid probably deserved it!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Paul Jacob Miller, Joel Miller's older brother, told Tampa radio station 620-WDAE last month that since his brother is a walk-on and is not on scholarship "if he opens his mouth at all, he has everything to lose."

This is what I don't understand. He could get a scholly somewhere in 1AA. He's a Kick Off Coverage guy. question.gif

Joel Miller walked away from a scholarship at Citadel to walk-on at USF.  He isn't losing anything.  As mentioned before, should he come out and comment in any form (good or bad re: Leavitt/USF) on this subject, he will be protected - he would become untouchable.  He gets more protection being on the record than the goofball anonymous sources Brett asserts as credible.

Other parts of the story like the "most powerful man in the building" may have been fabricated too.  Likely, Erskin's second hand information is invalidated by the lack of real facts.

Archived