• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Article on ESPN, Joel Miller says recount is not true...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Brett probably doesn't make tapes - that would constitute evidence.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Brett better hope he has tapes of his interview with Joel's dad.  Might be the only thing that can save his career.

I have a feeling the national media will not be as kind to Brett this time around. I think most wanted CJL fired so that is where the push came from but this was a much bigger story than the basketball stuff. Makes them look bad.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Hope USF sues them enough to pay off for that dining hall!!! GO BULLS!!!

AOL wont be on the line for much.  it was an online blog that brett had control over.  at worst, if brett cant back up his quotes from millers father then he gets fired and AOL issues a contraction.

however, if brett does have on tape that millers dad said what brett claimed, in the direct questions that brett asked, then nothing happens to brett. 

I think nothing happens to Brett anyway...guys like him just drop a rung, down to Bleacher Report or something.  I doubt Fanhouse does anything.  They are trying to climb the pagerank listings and I would guess this has helped them immensely.  If they did do something, I'd be all for capital punishment.  (You can criticize me now Matt).  It's late, I'm tired and trying to find humor in a crappy deal.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Here's the entire story:

University of South Florida player Joel Miller said Wednesday night that allegations that he was inappropriately physically harmed by Coach Jim Leavitt at halftime of a November game are not true.

"I don't think anything should happen to him," Miller said. "Me and Coach Leavitt are fine. People can say different things but he only grabbed my shoulder pads to motivate me, because he's a passionate guy. He never apologized because he had nothing to apologize for"

USF is conducting an inquiry into allegations originally made Joel Miller's father, Paul, in an online report. Paul Miller has back tracked from original comments that alluded to contact Leavitt allegedly made with his son's neck and face.

"I believe that my family's story was misrepresented," Joel Miller said. "I told this to the school when they interviewed me for a half-hour or hour on Tuesday. Basically, I wasn't having a good game on special teams and he tried to motivate me. He [Leavitt] never did any of those things and he never has that I've seen. I had some things on my mind because my Grandfather had died the day before. Coach Leavitt cares about me. We talk all the time."

Miller, a special teams contributor to the Bulls, said he practiced on Wednesday and plans to remain with USF.

"It's been real hard especially on my family," Miller said. "But my plan is to stay and play here."

Leavitt and Miller's father Paul, who declined to comment Wednesday, all spoke with a member of the school's human resources department as well as an external expert on workplace relations.

A school spokesman said the plan is to complete a thorough inquiry as quickly as possible.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4749780

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

To give credit where credit is due, isn;t that article by Joe Schad?

• Content Count:  2,994

I said my piece, you can figure out what alias I use LOL

Glad this story came out. Like many have said, if this was truly a real incident, this kid, or a witness, would have brought it to attention by now. This is the difference between this farce and the Mangino situation. Mangino's actions had other witnesses that spoke up, whereas I'm betting all the USF players have been talking amongst themselves and Joel, and are like, "Is this guy serious?" (referring to BMcM)

I truly hope there is some lawsuit action against BMcM, USF has now wasted a good deal of money in conducting these investigations, and taken alot of bad press in the process. Though if we don't get any money back out of it, it's no big deal...I think after CJL is found clean, and after these investigations, I'm willing to bet there will be plenty of players who will have gone on record saying Leavitt has done no harm and does care about his players (crazy sideline antics and halftime self-mutilation or not); and all this support from fans, players, and the university will have a positive impact on recruiting (though it seems to be going well so far).

Acquit, win the bowl, recruit well, and this story will be a small blip on the radar.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

The Brett Mcmurphy school of journalism and libel/slander awareness?

The Mcmurphy Dining Hall! With Leavitt Struck Potatoes!

Great to finally hear from Joel Miller. Hopefully people take him seriously

• Content Count:  2,994

someone make a sweet .GIF with leavitt telling mcmurphy "is jim leavitt gonna have to choke a *****?"

I'm surprised the guy is talking actually. I thought that perhaps all players might be off limits to the media during the investigation.  It would at least keep McMurphy's canaries in check too.  But they're not following rules and going back door anyway, so I guess it wouldn't contain them.  Maybe "mosthavenoidea" will give some info on that.

Archived