• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Article on ESPN, Joel Miller says recount is not true...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

expect him to be on scholarship soon.

Was he going to be on scholarship before the alleged incident took place?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

expect him to be on scholarship soon.

Was he going to be on scholarship before the alleged incident took place?

through our discussions yes....

he thought so, and through some small tlak with coaches they expected it as well

he certainly earned it with his body of work on special teams and in scout.

he is actually extremely talented i dont know why he doesnt see any action on offense. Hillborough count all time single season rushing record among others.

I agree that he's earned it and I am glad to hear that this was in the works prior to the Louisville game.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Well now we have Joel talking to a legit news outlet in ESPN.

But he NEVER talked to Brett, yet Brett had the big story. 

Brett has his anonymous group of disgruntled players feeding him stuff and pushing this story to him, but he never talks to Joel Miller?  Why?  Shouldn't Brett have got something from the alleged victim to even have a story?

Usually when you try to take down a public figure like Leavitt you have a lot more than this.  But anyway.

Any journalism students out there?

Kind of goofy that Brett didnt ask Joel for comment until the night before the story ran.  What a tool

he did

Yeah Brett reached him.  He basically had no comment. 

Back to Journalism 101.

Your anonymous disgruntled tipsters help you get this "big story" - the one that will take Leavitt down.  You ardently and fervently jot down everything they're saying, because "oh boy" this sounds good! 

Then you call the alleged victim and he says "I'd rather not speak about it right now," Miller said. "There are a lot of things going on. I have no comment about this situation" according to McMurphy of course, that's what he said.

Doesn't a story lose momentum at that point in most cases?  You can't confirm allegations.  Instead McMurphy does the misquote/misrepresent route with others and puts out story on which the alleged victim was clearly not interested in.

What would McMurphy have done if his band of malcontents fed him a story that Chaz Hine dresses in drag and hooks on Dale Mabry at night?  Would he have called Chaz, got a "no comment" and published the story anyway?  Maybe talk to a couple of "johns" and get some misquotes that lead people to believe there was some 6-4 300 babe out prowling for action recently?

Take it from there.

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

I agree that he's earned it and I am glad to hear that this was in the works prior to the Louisville game.

True but.....

We all know what the "outside world" will see.  They will see that he got the scholarship after all of this and they will deem it as a payoff and coverup.

We all know what the "outside world" will see.  They will see that he got the scholarship after all of this and they will deem it as a payoff and coverup.

Very true. It's not our fault that they would think like that, nor be willing to accept the truth if you presented right to their face.

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

True but.....

+1

Guest Sunburned

Joel Miller should take a polygraph and so should everyone who was in the locker room at the time the alleged incident occurred.

because we shouldn't take his word for it, in the only thing that he has been quoted as saying?

No, because it would remove any doubt.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Joel Miller should take a polygraph and so should everyone who was in the locker room at the time the alleged incident occurred.

This is hilarious.  The alleged victim should take a polygraph?  So you're in the camp that the football player is lying?

Let's give the anonymous sources polygraphs, that'd be grand.  How about McMurphy?  He'd be fun on a lie detector machine.

I don't think anyone can force Joel Miller to do anything.  He's probably just wishing the idiots that told their story to McMurphy would have left him out of it.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

because we shouldn't take his word for it, in the only thing that he has been quoted as saying?

No, because it would remove any doubt.

Considering polygraphs aren't attached to witnesses at trial or depositions I don't see why Joel or anyone else involved in this would need to be attached to one.

Archived