• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DT Todd Chandler

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

hopefully this is solid solid, the d-line will be sick with in a couple years, i cant wait to see ryne next year let alone todd in a year or two along side.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Recruiting: The controversy surrounding football coach Jim Leavitt hasn't hurt the Bulls in recruiting, as USF picked up three commitments from Miami-area standouts.

Todd Chandler, a 295-pound nose tackle from Miami Northwestern who had committed to Miami, said he committed to USF on Monday, saying he felt he fit in better with USF's coaches and defensive scheme.

According to USFnation.com, the Bulls picked up commitments from two stars from Miami Central, QB Jeffrey Godfrey and OL Jose Jose, who had committed to Tennessee.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls-basketball-coach-stan-heath-says-jarrid-famous-needs-to-step-up/1059111

• Content Count:  498

i wonder if all these commitments came in before the "news"

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

i wonder if all these commitments came in before the "news"

All 3 were reported today.  I think 2 of the kids were visited today.

• Content Count:  2,523

Is Chandler going to qualify?  Seems UM folks think he won't.  Then again, UF folks were saying the same things about Giddens...

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Great to see some big time size added. Beefing up both sides of the line can't hurt when you consider the way our lines have been manhandled by big, power teams lately

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Those big guy, Jim won't be able to put his hand around there necks. Just kidding. But with Eatmon, Jose, and Genus. That'll be easy play calling. Just run to there side all game with Kelly at FB, and Ford at TB. Just run down hill all day.

• Content Count:  1,741

Miami Northwestern High School DT Todd Chandler, who had classified himself as a Miami commitment since last Nov. 29, confirmed that Miami is no longer recruiting him and is now headed to the University of South Florida.

"I just was talking to the (South Florida) coach," Chandler said. "They just came to my house and let me know how much they really wanted me, that they had room for me in their program, that they really needed a nose guard. I just went from there."

Chandler says he also heard that USF got a commitment today from Jeffrey Godfrey, who was waiting on a Cane offer.

Chandler said he wanted to wait until signing day "for the suspense," but word leaked out of his decision.

"Miami, they just stopped recruiting me," Chandler said. "I don't know why. But then I started seeing they were going after other D tackles, so I guess that's why."

He says he last spoke with Cane coaches around a month ago.

Of his goals at USF, Chandler said, "I just want to be a starter, do my best to turn that program around."

Chandler had wanted to play with his former Northwestern teammates at UM, but that won't happen.

"I was talking with Sean (Spence) and Marcus (Forston)," Chandler said. "They were real disappointed. Marcus always wanted me to come and play next to him."

• Content Count:  276

Miami Northwestern High School DT Todd Chandler, who had classified himself as a Miami commitment since last Nov. 29, confirmed that Miami is no longer recruiting him and is now headed to the University of South Florida.

"I just was talking to the (South Florida) coach," Chandler said. "They just came to my house and let me know how much they really wanted me, that they had room for me in their program, that they really needed a nose guard. I just went from there."

Chandler says he also heard that USF got a commitment today from Jeffrey Godfrey, who was waiting on a Cane offer.

Chandler said he wanted to wait until signing day "for the suspense," but word leaked out of his decision.

"Miami, they just stopped recruiting me," Chandler said. "I don't know why. But then I started seeing they were going after other D tackles, so I guess that's why."

Of his goals at USF, Chandler said, "I just want to be a starter, do my best to turn that program around."

Chandler had wanted to play with his former Northwestern teammates at UM, but that won't happen.

"I was talking with Sean (Spence) and Marcus (Forston)," Chandler said. "They were real disappointed. Marcus always wanted me to come and play next to him."

You've got to love the "I don't know why" quote.

There are multiple issues on Chandler.  Multiple.  He knows what they are.  Good luck with Chandler.

And Jose Jose...I'm laughing that Tennessee finally figured out what Miami figured out a year ago.  Good luck with Jose as well.

Yes, these guys have some big measurables, but there is nothing more infuriating then watching a former top recruit with God-given abilities squandering it all while they stand on the sidelines.  Ask most Miami fans how they feel about Symonette right now.

I think Chandler will play well for you if you can keep him out of trouble.  Make sure that Jose brings his helmet to every game, even if he doesn't need to put it on much.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You've got to love the "I don't know why" quote.

There are multiple issues on Chandler.  Multiple.  He knows what they are.  Good luck with Chandler.

And Jose Jose...I'm laughing that Tennessee finally figured out what Miami figured out a year ago.  Good luck with Jose as well.

Yes, these guys have some big measurables, but there is nothing more infuriating then watching a former top recruit with God-given abilities squandering it all while they stand on the sidelines.  Ask most Miami fans how they feel about Symonette right now.

I think Chandler will play well for you if you can keep him out of trouble.  Make sure that Jose brings his helmet to every game, even if he doesn't need to put it on much.

Sour grapes, much?

Archived