• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DT Todd Chandler

usf97

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,660
  • Days Won:  29

Large DT's are IMPORTANT !

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

ESPN Recruiting Trail Posted this update. I'm not sure what to think of this. He is a Miami commit but USF is his top school???????

Chandler still committed to Miami but has South Florida on top

Under Armour All-American defensive tackle Todd Chandler (Miami/Northwestern) informed ESPN's Craig Haubert Wednesday morning that he still considers himself a Miami-FL commitment but that South Florida is his top school.

The ESPNU 150 talent will also listen to North Carolina, Louisville and Central Florida before making his decision on signing day.

It was believed Tuesday evening that Chandler had dropped Miami in favor of South Florida. He told the Miami Herald, "I switched to South Florida tonight." Colorado State was mentioned as another possible school in the mix and the Tar Heels were not.

• Content Count:  5,241

Don't take any web sites recruiting news seriously unless they have direct interviews from the recruits. They're usually pretty far off base.

As long as Chandler can make the grades to make it on campus to USF, he should be fine.

• Content Count:  2,523

This is starting to seem shaky fellas.  Reading the Miami Herald article and comments, I'm not holding my breath.  He's been a cane commit for TWO years.  Many of his former teammates are at UM as we speak and there's a long time to signing day.  No doubt though reading the comments in that blog, he's a stud that most UM folks are pissed about getting away if it happens.  So he's got the goods.  If I was USF, I'd hold his hand all the way until he signs...This is no where close to a lock for us and I'm hoping he's just not playing us to get UM to drool over him...

• Content Count:  136

No longer have a Scout subscription but this sounds like the kid is no longer committed to UM per the intro to Mike's story. If Mike's story is that he's switched, I'd believe it.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=2&c=929524&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fsouthflorida.scout.com%2fa.z%3fs%3d359%26p%3d2%26c%3d929524

• Content Count:  158
  • Days Won:  1

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

At least we know that his grades and test scores are in order.  ;D

When asked if UM were to call him tomorrow telling him they wanted him, Chandler said he would have to think about things. "We'll have to see what happens," Chandler said. "At first, I was disappointed. But I know I can go anywhere and become a star. My grades and my test are in order. I can qualify where I want to go."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2009/12/are-the-canes-really-done-with-todd-chandler.html

• Content Count:  5,241

Im pretty sure he is a committ to us right now.

Those recruiting sites always seem to have issues getting updated.  Keeping a website updated with about a thousand recruits and 116 College Teams can get complicated.

• Content Count:  2,523

Those quotes from him were from TODAY...forget about updating sites, it's the quotes you need to follow...

• Content Count:  276

Miami Northwestern High School DT Todd Chandler, who had classified himself as a Miami commitment since last Nov. 29, confirmed that Miami is no longer recruiting him and is now headed to the University of South Florida.

"I just was talking to the (South Florida) coach," Chandler said. "They just came to my house and let me know how much they really wanted me, that they had room for me in their program, that they really needed a nose guard. I just went from there."

Chandler says he also heard that USF got a commitment today from Jeffrey Godfrey, who was waiting on a Cane offer.

Chandler said he wanted to wait until signing day "for the suspense," but word leaked out of his decision.

"Miami, they just stopped recruiting me," Chandler said. "I don't know why. But then I started seeing they were going after other D tackles, so I guess that's why."

He says he last spoke with Cane coaches around a month ago.

Of his goals at USF, Chandler said, "I just want to be a starter, do my best to turn that program around."

Chandler had wanted to play with his former Northwestern teammates at UM, but that won't happen.

"I was talking with Sean (Spence) and Marcus (Forston)," Chandler said. "They were real disappointed. Marcus always wanted me to come and play next to him."

You've got to love the "I don't know why" quote.

There are multiple issues on Chandler.  Multiple.  He knows what they are.  Good luck with Chandler.

And Jose Jose...I'm laughing that Tennessee finally figured out what Miami figured out a year ago.  Good luck with Jose as well.

Yes, these guys have some big measurables, but there is nothing more infuriating then watching a former top recruit with God-given abilities squandering it all while they stand on the sidelines.  Ask most Miami fans how they feel about Symonette right now.

I think Chandler will play well for you if you can keep him out of trouble.  Make sure that Jose brings his helmet to every game, even if he doesn't need to put it on much.

Sour grapes, much?

No sour grapes at all.  I know why Miami pulled the offer, and it's just better to move on.  He's not our first DL recruit this year to have significant issues arise.

No use crying over it, we just move on to recruit some JuCo DLs, and everything is fine.

I have nothing against Chandler, but Miami wasn't going to be the right place for him.

Archived