• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get ready for another raid!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Aren't we a regional conference?!?!?!?!

What the hell are we doing adding two schools from tejas?!!?!?!

If we lose ANYone, we should lose Marquette and Depaul.  What the hell are those mid-west teams doing in the BIG-EAST?!?!?!

ugh...

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

Notre Dame stated yesterday that they are happy with their situation and that they are not going Big 10+1 ...

We need to increase our football schools.

Time to change things up !

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Aren't we a regional conference?!?!?!?!

What the hell are we doing adding two schools from tejas?!!?!?!

If we lose ANYone, we should lose Marquette and Depaul.  What the hell are those mid-west teams doing in the BIG-EAST?!?!?!

ugh...

GO BULLS!!!

The point I made earlier in this thread is that if the Big East must expand or replace a team, I think TCU would be a good option since although Ft.Worth sounds far, it is really no further from the Big East schools than Tampa is. Big market, big airport, not a big dropoff in football (possibly an upgrade).

Personally, I think the PAC-10 should go ahead and take Utah and maybe Boise State or BYU and then all these teams that say they should be in the BCS would actually be in the BCS.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Guys I can't read this whole thread so I don't know if this is posted...but it's part of the raid scenario I guess.

Matt in Philadelphia writes: With all the expansion news, do you think there would be a chance of trading the Big East BC for USF. Seem a lot more logical of a team to be in the conference. Boston and Tampa are comparable markets and the Bulls.

HD: Nope. I doubt BC would ever go back to the Big East, nor do I think either party would want that agreement. And no, I don't think BC is joining the Big Ten anytime soon. BC AD Gene DeFilippo has stated publicly he's quite happy in the ACC.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/7971/friday-mailblog-13

• Content Count:  2,363

Guys I can't read this whole thread so I don't know if this is posted...but it's part of the raid scenario I guess.

Matt in Philadelphia writes: With all the expansion news, do you think there would be a chance of trading the Big East BC for USF. Seem a lot more logical of a team to be in the conference. Boston and Tampa are comparable markets and the Bulls.

HD: Nope. I doubt BC would ever go back to the Big East, nor do I think either party would want that agreement. And no, I don't think BC is joining the Big Ten anytime soon. BC AD Gene DeFilippo has stated publicly he's quite happy in the ACC.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/7971/friday-mailblog-13

At face value, I'd think Miami and FSU wouldn't be too keen on us joining their conference, but it would actually probably be good for them. Right now NC has the highest concentration of ACC schools and as such is the epicenter of the conference. Three schools in FL could be a powerful bargaining chip to bring some things a bit further south.

As for the Big East, while Boston and Tampa may be comparable media markets, the Big East would lose their FL connection, which is one of the things that made us attractive in the first place.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Well since Notre Dame turned down the Big 10 yesterday the media has shifted its attention towards the Big 10 inviting Rutgers... ESPN (radio) reported yesterday that the Big 10 was dispatched envoys to Rutgers, and Syracuse, and that the Big 10 sent some people down here to St. Pete to talk with Rutgers President who is in town for the Bowl game.

ESPN (radio) also reported just this morning that the Big 10 wants to add the 12th member as soon as humanly possible and preferably before the recruiting season starts... it was on about an hour ago... however everything is a rumor until something solid comes out... the only sure thing is that the Big 10 wants to expand ASAP since they already approached ND.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/17/irish-to-big-ten-dont-even-bother/

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2007/08/politi_column.html

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/135110-why-rutgers-wants-big-ten-bid

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2009/05/with_joe_paterno_behind_it_rut.html

• Content Count:  4,501

I sure hope the BE is being pro-active on this.  Sitting back all this time has not helped. 

Like I said before I like the TCU & Houston add.

Let the dominoes start to fall.

I just need to stop reading the boards - between BB injuries, JLs problems and a possible raid on the BE I am beginning to get depressed.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

The BE needs to go to the ACC and merge into a power conference. football only. 2 10 team divisions. they would control the eastern seaboard. keep basketball and all other sports the same. they would have huge influence over tv, bowls, etc. they could start their own tv channel. they would control nearly 1/3 of the BCS teams in the country.

play 9 division games(like the pac 10) and then have a championship game.

ACC division                      BE division

Miami                              V Tech

FSU                                BC

UNC                                WVU

Duke                                Pitt

Wake                              Rutgers

NC state                          Syracuse

Clemson                            UConn

G Tech                            USF

Maryland                          Cincy

Virginia                            UofL

This would turn two of the weaker conferences into one of the strongest.

Archived