• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get ready for another raid!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

BE just needs to add a team.  ECU,Memphis or dare I say UCF.  I don't care if they are any good or not.  We could use another bottom feeder to pad our record.  Every conference has them and the BE only has 2 if you count the demise of UL who was top dog for awhile.

I don't see any risk of the B-10 raiding the BE.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i dont think big east has to worry

• Content Count:  2,016

If the B10 expands, then a likely candidate is Mizzou, they have asked to be a member in the past, as has Nebraska.  I think that Mizzou is more likely than Nebraska since they have the better BB team and both schools add the same for (current) football reputation. (Although Mizzou is less likely to win the B10 in football).

I don't see ND joining them because the B10 has academic program requirements (they are also an association of research schools). ND would have to add 34 graduate programs to meet the B10 academic association requirements, thats why ND declined the last time (well part of the reason). 

This would leave the B12 one team short and I think they would go with Utah (not TCU). Utah has a stronger overall athletic program and does not suffer from the "not another Texas team syndrome."  The B12 already has Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Baylor.  I don't see them adding another Texas team. 

If the B10 does expand expect to see the BE add a team also, a sort of everyone is doing it effect.

• Content Count:  1,261

East Carolina to BE please. kthxbai

• Content Count:  209

seems like it would be a terrible choice for Rutgers.

no presence in FL for recruiting.  no 5 game OOC schedule for cupcakes and yearly trips to bowl game. 

Who's USF daddy?

Also, another poster said something about the BE not letting Rutgers go because of t.v. market, alumni based, etc. is not Rutgers choice.  Rutgers has been pro BE since entering the conference, but the way the BE has not listen to requests (St. Petes during finals) or bowl swap with the '06 Texas Bowl for a better opponent than a .500 Kansas St. has been a problem.  It's a common practice to swap better opponents if it can be helped, but the BE doesn't do much in the way of helping football schools.  Love for the BE is running thin now at RU.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Love for the BE is running thin now at RU.

Its running low at all of the BEast football schools... the big east needs to figure out what it wants to be... a real conference where the schools are equal in all sports or a freak conference.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

If we lose a member, we MUST:

A. Drop the non-Football Schools

B. Expand to 10 Schools

C. Tell NOtre Dame, join football or other sports will be dropped.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

B. Expand to 10 Schools

E.T., I have a feeling if A and B happen, then C would tell us to screw ourselves. You figure a Non-football Big East conference would still include Georgetown, St. John's, Seton Hall, Marquette, Villanova, Providence, Depaul. Not a bad conference and they would have an even 8. I think they would sooner join the Big 10 in football than join us. Neither is happening. 

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

B. Expand to 10 Schools

Unfortunately I have to agree, a split would most likely be necessary at that point.  Losing Pitt (which some rumors are already mentioning) would be devastating to the Big East.  We can't just add Memphis at that point and call it a day.  Im not even sure expanding to 10 would work (who? ..... UCF, ECU & Memphis?.....that still wouldn't look all that good).  They could work out a creative contract with Notre Dame (allowing them to keep their NBC contract).  If the Big East stayed at just 8, adding Notre Dame, that would still allow them 5 OOC games....meaning they could still schedule (maybe rotating) their normal standing games (USC, Michigan, Navy, BC, etc...)

Archived