• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get ready for another raid!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Vandy will not leave the SEC.  Arkansas will not leave the SEC.  The SEC makes more money than any other conference so none of its teams will leave or be kicked out.

Also, why would any conference exceed 12 teams in it?  12 gets you a conference championship.  More than that is mroe mouths to feed without gaining much, so the SEC and the ACC will not go above 12.

If the BIg 10 is adding a team then the favorites would be: Notre Dame, Missouri, Iowa State, Nebraska, Syracuse, RU, Pitt, and other than ND the rest are not in any order.  If any Big East team leaves then the BE would have to raid CUSA for one or more teams.  If ND or the Big 12 teams leave, then no affect on the BE as the Big 12 will look west for expansion, most likely at TCU.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Arkansas might leave the SEC for the Big 12.  They have old rivalries there.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

SEC money trumps old rivalries.

• Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

If we get raided, we need to send a care package to Fort Worth, TX. Yes, TCU in the Big East makes about as much sense as Dallas in the NFC East, but it's not unprecedented--the Big 10 has 11 and is going to 12, the Atlantic 10 has more than 10 schools, several of which are nowhere near the Atlantic, etc. Granted, the travel's worse in the Big East (and they've actually got no picnic in the Mountain West either) but the money's better, and TCU's needs a chance at a BCS auto bid something fierce.

• Content Count:  153

It's been a rumor for a long time that if the Big 10 can't get ND, Iowa State would be the target.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If we get raided, we need to send a care package to Fort Worth, TX. Yes, TCU in the Big East makes about as much sense as Dallas in the NFC East, but it's not unprecedented--the Big 10 has 11 and is going to 12, the Atlantic 10 has more than 10 schools, several of which are nowhere near the Atlantic, etc. Granted, the travel's worse in the Big East (and they've actually got no picnic in the Mountain West either) but the money's better, and TCU's needs a chance at a BCS auto bid something fierce.

IM sure BE schools would love to get exposure in TX for recruiting but i don't think adding TCU would be very likely due to travel costs. 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

IM sure BE schools would love to get exposure in TX for recruiting but i don't think adding TCU would be very likely due to travel costs. 

I can't imagine a flight to Dallas would be worse than a flight to Florida.

• Content Count:  5,241

I think its more likely for a team like Mizzou to go to Big 10, which would be easier from them to win instead of facing Texas or Oklahoma every year for the Big 12 title.

Then TCU steps in to Big 12.

I doubt the big east needs to worry much

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

In this scenario we would be adding another long distance team for the majority northern teams. 

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

In this scenario we would be adding another long distance team for the majority northern teams. 

How about NIU?  :)

Archived