• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brian Kelly, Over Rated

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Personally, I'll keep CJL... but if we didn't have a coach and we had to choose between Leavitt and Kelly to be our "new" coach - I'd take Kelly.

And you'd have him for a couple years before he went to a traditional powerhouse, like he may well do after this season.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Last year, his team lost the biggest game in program history.

Today, his team is playing like a bunch of Pee Wee players that can't tackle or read a defense.

And this is the guy people look to as so great? He gets his program in a BCS game, but can't go all the way. And this year, if he can't pull off a win with this embarrassing effort, he doesn't go to a BCS game and is in the same boat as USF.

Brian Kelly owns USF. CJL isiint even in the same ball park.

Yeah and with the correct scenerio today, USF is what, 3rd in the Big East. And Kelly sure as hell didn't have his team ready today on any level. I'll take Leavitt over him any day. Kelly can't get it done with Pike, what a joke.

hahaha you would take a joe of a coach who has never won a **** thing or finished a season ranked over the hottest coach in the country that has turned ******* cincy into a national powerhouse.

Well USF had the hottest coach in the country and USF was actually ranked higher. You have no memory do you? Cincy is doing the same thing USF did, but they didn't get to #2 did they? So when they lose today, and then lose their bowl game, they are in the same house as USF.

shocking how clueless you are...

we went from #2 to NOT EVEN IN THE RANKINGS by seasons end.

Cinci has NO chance of falling out of the top 25... OH did i mention they are down only one score now?

Cluless? Leavitt was the hottest coach in the country wasn't he? On TV, people coming up to me and talking about WOW, USF, WHAT A GREAT COACH! I still get that now when I tell people where I went to school. And did I mention that Pitt is driving the ball down Cincy's throat?

The difference is Kelly actually has won a conference championship. Therefore he is a proven winner at a high level unlike Leavitt.

I can't believe someone thinks Kelly is an underrated coach.

The man took CINCINNATI to a BCS bowl and has them playing for a BCS Bowl Berth and a possible NCG game if a lot of crazy upsets happen today.

It'd be one thing if he did this with WVU or another program that is able to recruit good players just by namesake. But he did it with a team that moved up from CUSA.

Personally, I'll keep CJL... but if we didn't have a coach and we had to choose between Leavitt and Kelly to be our "new" coach - I'd take Kelly.

And you'd have him for a couple years before he went to a traditional powerhouse, like he may well do after this season.

The same would be true for CJL... in the hypothetical world where CJL was never USF's coach.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldn't say the guy is overrated but his team has lost a few big games.

The Oklahoma game last year was a blow out and BCS game last year...if he stays there a few more years, his team will only get better.

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Last year, his team lost the biggest game in program history.

Today, his team is playing like a bunch of Pee Wee players that can't tackle or read a defense.

And this is the guy people look to as so great? He gets his program in a BCS game, but can't go all the way. And this year, if he can't pull off a win with this embarrassing effort, he doesn't go to a BCS game and is in the same boat as USF.

Brian Kelly owns USF. CJL isiint even in the same ball park.

Yeah and with the correct scenerio today, USF is what, 3rd in the Big East. And Kelly sure as hell didn't have his team ready today on any level. I'll take Leavitt over him any day. Kelly can't get it done with Pike, what a joke.

hahaha you would take a joe of a coach who has never won a **** thing or finished a season ranked over the hottest coach in the country that has turned ******* cincy into a national powerhouse.

Well USF had the hottest coach in the country and USF was actually ranked higher. You have no memory do you? Cincy is doing the same thing USF did, but they didn't get to #2 did they? So when they lose today, and then lose their bowl game, they are in the same house as USF.

shocking how clueless you are...

we went from #2 to NOT EVEN IN THE RANKINGS by seasons end.

Cinci has NO chance of falling out of the top 25... OH did i mention they are down only one score now?

Cluless? Leavitt was the hottest coach in the country wasn't he? On TV, people coming up to me and talking about WOW, USF, WHAT A GREAT COACH! I still get that now when I tell people where I went to school. And did I mention that Pitt is driving the ball down Cincy's throat?

The difference is Kelly actually has won a conference championship. Therefore he is a proven winner at a high level unlike Leavitt.

I can't believe someone thinks Kelly is an underrated coach.

The man took CINCINNATI to a BCS bowl and has them playing for a BCS Bowl Berth and a possible NCG game if a lot of crazy upsets happen today.

It'd be one thing if he did this with WVU or another program that is able to recruit good players just by namesake. But he did it with a team that moved up from CUSA.

So what? He has 1 title and is losing his shot at a second. When he got the title he lost the BCS game. Give the Bulls a chance. It takes things coming together on many levels to get there, coaching is not all of it. And thankfully, fan support isn't a major reason either. You know other program's fans look at all the Bull's "fans" that have no faith at CJL doing the same with USF and shake their heads?

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

hahaha you spoke too soon as they are mkaing this a ball game

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i am still laughing at this thread

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

They? They? Who They? There is 1 player carrying this entire team. Or are you watching a different game?

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

They? They? Who They? There is 1 player carrying this entire team. Or are you watching a different game?

i am assuming 1 player is carrying Pitt to then rigth?

no love for the cinci defense in the 2nd half?

coaches made some adjustments and the natti is looking nice this half

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

When was the last time you saw Leavitt come back from down 21 in a BE game?

roflmao

Archived