• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brian Kelly, Over Rated

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Well I thought you mean that the Big East is the hardest place to win back to back championships.

It's cool.

Kelly has done one of the best coaching jobs in the country the last few years.

Very true.  What Kelly has done in such a short period of time is evidence of great coaching.  He gets his teams to a championship level, regardless of the division he plays in.

His adjustments and the comeback his team made, in a hostile environment, is further testament.

Uh, Gilyard won that game and a place holder for Pitt.

Mardy Gilyard, 374 all-purpose yards and two TDs (including a 99-yard kickoff return).  He gets my vote for ATT Player Of The Week.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Well I thought you mean that the Big East is the hardest place to win back to back championships.

It's cool.

kelly has done a great job

but  he will not win atnd

It's cool.

kelly has done a great job

but  he will not win atnd

Kelly isnt going to ND. He isn't even on the short list, check the national media. There are many reasons, for one, ironically its his pro choice abortion stance and the alumni aren't having that at the nation's largest Catholic University.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

It's cool.

Very true.  What Kelly has done in such a short period of time is evidence of great coaching.  He gets his teams to a championship level, regardless of the division he plays in.

His adjustments and the comeback his team made, in a hostile environment, is further testament.

In 1a he has won at the conference championship level. He has yet to do squat at the next 2 levels, being beating another Conference Championship or win a NC. When he gets to that level, whoo hoo. Isn't there yet. Might be in a month, but not yet.

Dude...where does your hatred for Kelly come from? Yes, Gilyard had a hell of a game... Uh, great coaches recognize special talents like Mardy and figure out ways to get him the ball...like putting him on kick returns and punt returns. Also, Kelly I am sure was very torn on his QB at half time, he stuck with Pike and it paid off. In case you missed it, it wasn't Gilyard that caught the game winner...Kelly designed a play to use him as a decoy to get another WR open.

You are absolutely right that Gilyard put the team on his back, but Kelly is also a good coach. As for relating it back to our team...Grothe was our Gilyard when the chips were down, he was the one to step up and keep us in it. We don't have that any more, kids like that are special, you're right, that part isn't Brian Kelly vs Jim Leavitt, a kid like that can go a long way to making a coach look good.

It's cool.

In 1a he has won at the conference championship level. He has yet to do squat at the next 2 levels, being beating another Conference Championship or win a NC. When he gets to that level, whoo hoo. Isn't there yet. Might be in a month, but not yet.

Dude...where does your hatred for Kelly come from? Yes, Gilyard had a hell of a game... Uh, great coaches recognize special talents like Mardy and figure out ways to get him the ball...like putting him on kick returns and punt returns. Also, Kelly I am sure was very torn on his QB at half time, he stuck with Pike and it paid off. In case you missed it, it wasn't Gilyard that caught the game winner...Kelly designed a play to use him as a decoy to get another WR open.

You are absolutely right that Gilyard put the team on his back, but Kelly is also a good coach. As for relating it back to our team...Grothe was our Gilyard when the chips were down, he was the one to step up and keep us in it. We don't have that any more, kids like that are special, you're right, that part isn't Brian Kelly vs Jim Leavitt, a kid like that can go a long way to making a coach look good.

I have no hatred at all for Kelly. If USF came out and played like that the fire Leavitt threads would fill this board wouldn't they? Kelly is a good coach. But has he won a BCS or NC yet? You would think he had by all the hype. If Gilyard was not in that game, Cincy would have lost no matter what Kelly has done. BJ looked better then Pike for most of that game. When Kelly does something on the national level I will be on his bandwagon. Until then, to me, he is over rated.

• Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

It's cool.

Them not being at a championship game has more to do with their preseason ranking than with their performance.  This is why I don't agree with preseason rankings... no one knows the true nature of a team.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Last year, his team lost the biggest game in program history.

Today, his team is playing like a bunch of Pee Wee players that can't tackle or read a defense.

And this is the guy people look to as so great? He gets his program in a BCS game, but can't go all the way. And this year, if he can't pull off a win with this embarrassing effort, he doesn't go to a BCS game and is in the same boat as USF.

LOL FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

this guy has already won the worst thread of the football season award... no point discussing it with him... though i do agree it is quite entertaining

this guy has already won the worst thread of the football season award... no point discussing it with him... though i do agree it is quite entertaining

Are you giving out awards? You might want to give some to these guys, a  whole thread on people who don't think Kelly can win a National Title WITH Notre Dame:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52490&sid=c53915f94aa840451b953452137a6db8

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Are you giving out awards? You might want to give some to these guys, a  whole thread on people who don't think Kelly can win a National Title WITH Notre Dame:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52490&sid=c53915f94aa840451b953452137a6db8

LOL man u keep digging yourself a deeper hole...

did u even read what you posted?

the one guy said he should win it in the first 3 years...

others just said it can't be done in 3 years...

i don't think he will win a Natl. Title in 3 years either... LOL

Archived