• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Daniels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

The guy cant read a defense to save his life. I think he is going to be another Xavier Lee.

The thing that really pissed me off during that game is when he scrambled  and ran for 8 yds and went out of bounds at the first down marker but went out 1 yd short. Now your team is down and you cant even dive or cut back in to see if you can get the first down? I know one thing.....#8 would have tried to get the first. This kid lacks the decision making ability it takes to play QB. That sandlot football that i have been watching for the last 5 games or so is getting old. It might have worked in HS or against teams like UL but it wont work against quality D-1 programs.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

He reads the defense just fine.  Drop back, no one is close to open either throw an interception or scramble.  Id rather him scramble for no gain.  I dont blame it on the freshman I blame it on the worst offensive play calling I have ever seen on a big conference collegiate team. 

Coaches on other teams must salivate when they go against our "game plan".  Ask Schiano. 

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

5 games of sandlot football? Try at least 50.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

The guy cant read a defense to save his life.

Because he's only seen 8 of them plus whatever he's getting in practice. And as the "Boss" mentioned, also put some blame on the play calling and receivers.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

He's just llike Grothe who needs all of his yards from broken plays. Our receivers are not good enough or the plays aren't good enough. I don't think it's Daniels.

• Content Count:  720

Has anyone every heard an opposing coach since we've been in the BE speak of "yeah that WR at USF can really hurt your" or "USF has one heck of a running back that we have to stop"? Ok, neither have I. It's always been "we have got to stop Grothe/Daniels". We have no supporting cast on our offense and that is due to either coaching recruiting the wrong players for the system or just not very good players.

When there is only one player to stop it makes it pretty easy for a decent team.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Has anyone every heard an opposing coach since we've been in the BE speak of "yeah that WR at USF can really hurt your" or "USF has one heck of a running back that we have to stop"? Ok, neither have I. It's always been "we have got to stop Grothe/Daniels". We have no supporting cast on our offense and that is due to either coaching recruiting the wrong players for the system or just not very good players.

When there is only one player to stop it makes it pretty easy for a decent team.

or it could have to do with the scheme we're running.

Mike ford 5 star - offers alabama,auburn,michigan state,south carolina

Jamar taylor 4 star - offers alabama, ole miss, miss state, oregon, pitt, wvu

Jessie hester Jr 3 star - offers Georgia, iowa

sterling griffin 3 star offers ole miss, purdue, virginia, etc

Carlton Mitchell 3 star offers Iowa, Iowa State, Maryland, Minnesota, Pitt, UCF, WVU

Dion Lewis 3 star #4 RB in country offers Tulane, Miami of ohio, pitt

mardy gilyard 2 star no other offers

#12 in receiving, #19 punt returns, #7 kick off returns

• Content Count:  879

Running backs are only as good as the O-line.  The O-line needs to be addressed.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

He reads the defense just fine.  Drop back, no one is close to open either throw an interception or scramble.  Id rather him scramble for no gain.  I dont blame it on the freshman I blame it on the worst offensive play calling I have ever seen on a big conference collegiate team. 

Coaches on other teams must salivate when they go against our "game plan".  Ask Schiano. 

you are extremely confused... Receivers are OPEN... Particularly on the inside. Go back and watch some of the games and you will see that it is very clear that BJD is having difficulty figuring out where to put the ball.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

or it could have to do with the scheme we're running.

Mike ford 5 star - offers alabama,auburn,michigan state,south carolina

Jamar taylor 4 star - offers alabama, ole miss, miss state, oregon, pitt, wvu

Jessie hester Jr 3 star - offers Georgia, iowa

sterling griffin 3 star offers ole miss, purdue, virginia, etc

Carlton Mitchell 3 star offers Iowa, Iowa State, Maryland, Minnesota, Pitt, UCF, WVU

Dion Lewis 3 star #4 RB in country offers Tulane, Miami of ohio, pitt

mardy gilyard 2 star no other offers

#12 in receiving, #19 punt returns, #7 kick off returns

I think many on here agree that the star system isn't totally accurate.  And BJ has missed a lot of open receivers as others have pointed out.  Fear of making a mistake?  Maybe.  Not seeing it?  Maybe.  Our receivers are adequate - no Gillyards in the bunch, but I like some of our guys.  Richardson may be a disappointment, but I like Sterling Griffin, Bogan, Hester and Mitchell. 

Archived