• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Daniels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Has anyone every heard an opposing coach since we've been in the BE speak of "yeah that WR at USF can really hurt your" or "USF has one heck of a running back that we have to stop"? Ok, neither have I. It's always been "we have got to stop Grothe/Daniels". We have no supporting cast on our offense and that is due to either coaching recruiting the wrong players for the system or just not very good players.

When there is only one player to stop it makes it pretty easy for a decent team.

or it could have to do with the scheme we're running.

Mike ford 5 star - offers alabama,auburn,michigan state,south carolina

Jamar taylor 4 star - offers alabama, ole miss, miss state, oregon, pitt, wvu

Jessie hester Jr 3 star - offers Georgia, iowa

sterling griffin 3 star offers ole miss, purdue, virginia, etc

Carlton Mitchell 3 star offers Iowa, Iowa State, Maryland, Minnesota, Pitt, UCF, WVU

Dion Lewis 3 star #4 RB in country offers Tulane, Miami of ohio, pitt

mardy gilyard 2 star no other offers

#12 in receiving, #19 punt returns, #7 kick off returns

I think many on here agree that the star system isn't totally accurate.  And BJ has missed a lot of open receivers as others have pointed out.  Fear of making a mistake?  Maybe.  Not seeing it?  Maybe.  Our receivers are adequate - no Gillyards in the bunch, but I like some of our guys.  Richardson may be a disappointment, but I like Sterling Griffin, Bogan, Hester and Mitchell. 

I'm not a big fan of the star system either but we do have talent at the skill positions. look at some of the offers these kids have had. Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Oregon, Iowa, ole Miss, South Carolina, etc. I was just pointing out that I don't think it's because of the lack of talent whether with grothe or daniels.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i feel bad for daniels

coaches have not put him in position to succeed

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Has anyone every heard an opposing coach since we've been in the BE speak of "yeah that WR at USF can really hurt your" or "USF has one heck of a running back that we have to stop"? Ok, neither have I. It's always been "we have got to stop Grothe/Daniels". We have no supporting cast on our offense and that is due to either coaching recruiting the wrong players for the system or just not very good players.

When there is only one player to stop it makes it pretty easy for a decent team.

or it could have to do with the scheme we're running.

Mike ford 5 star - offers alabama,auburn,michigan state,south carolina

Jamar taylor 4 star - offers alabama, ole miss, miss state, oregon, pitt, wvu

Jessie hester Jr 3 star - offers Georgia, iowa

sterling griffin 3 star offers ole miss, purdue, virginia, etc

Carlton Mitchell 3 star offers Iowa, Iowa State, Maryland, Minnesota, Pitt, UCF, WVU

Dion Lewis 3 star #4 RB in country offers Tulane, Miami of ohio, pitt

mardy gilyard 2 star no other offers

#12 in receiving, #19 punt returns, #7 kick off returns

I think many on here agree that the star system isn't totally accurate.  And BJ has missed a lot of open receivers as others have pointed out.  Fear of making a mistake?  Maybe.  Not seeing it?  Maybe.  Our receivers are adequate - no Gillyards in the bunch, but I like some of our guys.  Richardson may be a disappointment, but I like Sterling Griffin, Bogan, Hester and Mitchell. 

I'm not a big fan of the star system either but we do have talent at the skill positions. look at some of the offers these kids have had. Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Oregon, Iowa, ole Miss, South Carolina, etc. I was just pointing out that I don't think it's because of the lack of talent whether with grothe or daniels.

well the talent hasnt been developed or harvested

so end result is the usf plays as if they have no talent

end result is the same

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  160

in the world of what have you done for me lately, I am not surprised by any of the comments here regarding talent levels USF brought in to the fold.

Instead of being patient and understanding that it takes lots of work, time, effort, and a little bit of luck to grow a program, we have this group of people wanting USF to have already arrived. We haven't arrived and there is really no guarantee-- short of maybe our general location in a hotbed of talent around us-- that we will ever be there. UCF had about a 20 year head start on us-- they never got there.

I cannot see how anyone expects USF to compete directly with UF, FSU, or Miami-- let alone the rest of the nation-- when it comes to bringing in the best recruits consistently.

Can't we be happy that we are doing better each season at improving in this area?

why does everything have to revolve around immediate gratification? For the handful of guys we've had in our program who were rated highly, UF gets that and then some in a single recruiting year-- EVERY YEAR. Miami and FSU have had better classes then USF every year. That we can even manage to win any game against them should not be swept under the rug as soon as we lose to one of the other Big Three or our conference mates.

Archived