• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Things Won't Change With Current Regime

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Well then jg, I guess if that's not doom and gloom we have two different definitions.

I'll wait and see the games played before I call 'em over.  And I think that's the issue or difference between many of us.  Some of us that have watched in recent years know we're able to snap out of a slump as easily as we go into one.  We'd rather take our loss and move on to the next game anticipating improvement and hopefully a better outcome. 

Again, how you can even be a fan of the game with that kind of outlook is puzzling to me.  As a fan, a former player, and a current coach I know you still have to play the game and anything can happen.

if you think that is doom and gloom then yeah i'd say your definitions don't match...

I think he was just stating that IN HIS OPINION the staff can't get the job done right now and future season will unfold the same way they have been if this staff stays in place.

Are you a paid coach? I'd say the situations are different when you are earning your living by coaching.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Well then jg, I guess if that's not doom and gloom we have two different definitions.

I'll wait and see the games played before I call 'em over.  And I think that's the issue or difference between many of us.  Some of us that have watched in recent years know we're able to snap out of a slump as easily as we go into one.  We'd rather take our loss and move on to the next game anticipating improvement and hopefully a better outcome. 

Again, how you can even be a fan of the game with that kind of outlook is puzzling to me.  As a fan, a former player, and a current coach I know you still have to play the game and anything can happen.

Based on what I have seen so far we are not good and could possibly go winless the rest of the year. That is reality, not Doom and Gloom. I am at the stadium every week, no matter, cheering on the Bulls. The same can not be said for some, whatever the case may be. Why some people are good with mediocrity is beyond me. Lets just expect to go around .500 (or dare I say below) in the Big East and be OK with it ? Nope.

Yeah and as a former player, coach myself you set high standards and goals for yourself and are not satisfied until you achieve them. If not, you are probably not a good coach or athlete.

Snap out of a slump ? Not what I have witnessed over the last 5 years, 2006 being the exception not the rule.

2004 Over our head all year 4-7

2005 Started 6-3 finish 6-6

2006 Started 6-3 finish 9-4 (great job)

2007 Started 6-0 finish 9-4

2008 Started 6-1 Finish 8-5

2009 Started 5-0 Finish ??? Guessing 7-5

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Nothing so far, except a win over Florida State.  Regardless of what FSU does this season, that is a win that helps the program. 

Still, a righted ship can win up to 5 conference games.  Yes, they still need to be played.

And Miami awaits - it is an important OOC game and can have huge ramifications.

You can doom and gloom it all you want.  I suggest you stop watching.

While I love your optimism, you have to be realistic here and understand were some of the gloom come form.

USF did not show up for this game the way they should if they had aspirations to win out and take home a Big East crown.  The way they played has to leave doubt in your mind on how this season will pan out.

We all are going to watch the bulls but when they play much worse then we all expect, we come on here to vent.

• Content Count:  4,738

saturdays performance can bring out the gloom in anyone

i hope these boys wake up for the friday night lights.  west virginia is there for the taking

• Content Count:  827

Based on what I have seen so far we are not good and could possibly go winless the rest of the year. That is reality, not Doom and Gloom. I am at the stadium every week, no matter, cheering on the Bulls. The same can not be said for some, whatever the case may be. Why some people are good with mediocrity is beyond me. Lets just expect to go around .500 (or dare I say below) in the Big East and be OK with it ? Nope.

Yeah and as a former player, coach myself you set high standards and goals for yourself and are not satisfied until you achieve them. If not, you are probably not a good coach or athlete.

Snap out of a slump ? Not what I have witnessed over the last 5 years, 2006 being the exception not the rule.

Lighten up Francis! You would have a decent case if Grothe didn't get hurt and we were in the same scenario. But seeing that we have a Fresh QB, you have to give a little slack. I will wait to see the season finish out before I starting asking for coaches heads to be cut off.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think you all should just go ahead and enjoy your doom and gloom (unless that makes things better) and quit trying to convince the rest here they should join you.

• Content Count:  959

Lighten up Francis! You would have a decent case if Grothe didn't get hurt and we were in the same scenario. But seeing that we have a Fresh QB, you have to give a little slack. I will wait to see the season finish out before I starting asking for coaches heads to be cut off.

I am sure Grothe would have saved us from the mighty Pitt Panthers :ROFLMAO

I did not say fire Leavitt (yet).... Oh never mind. I see us going undefeated the rest of the way. No stopping us now. Why ??? I don't know ?? Because you guys say its horrible, stupid, ignorant etc to think otherwise.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  125

Didn't realize grothe played d.  Didn't realize grothe could rush the qb or not let receivers get behind him or stop the run.  We looked like a 1aa team on sat.  The players and coaches should be ashamed. 

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Didn't realize grothe played d.  Didn't realize grothe could rush the qb or not let receivers get behind him or stop the run.  We looked like a 1aa team on sat.  The players and coaches should be ashamed. 

A bad 1aa team at that.

• Content Count:  827

I wasn't referring to just the PITT game. Yes the defense played horrible. And yes we looked like a 1AA team on Sat. And I am sure the players, coaches and even us fans are ashamed. (Me included).

But my point is, it is ridiculous to want to fire coaches and change regimes. (Title of the Thread)

Archived