• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

anyone else here feel the need for a reality check?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

I have an appointment with the TV on Thursday. 

So your answer is yes.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I have an appointment with the TV on Thursday. 

So your answer is yes.

While I am not sure that Cincy has truly beaten a solid team, Thursday's game will answer some BE questions...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

I think the difference in the reality is in the manner of the losses. Losing in a game we're favored in, playing sloppy and uninspired football, being percieved to be out coached, these are the things, I think, that gets the board going.

One trap type game, it happens. Playing sloppy games and losing by seven? I think that people on here just get frustrated with that.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think the difference in the reality is in the manner of the losses. Losing in a game we're favored in, playing sloppy and uninspired football, being percieved to be out coached, these are the things, I think, that gets the board going.

One trap type game, it happens. Playing sloppy games and losing by seven? I think that people on here just get frustrated with that.

Here's where the hypocrisy comes in.  Syracuse fans will tell you they would have won last week, but they were sloppy (7 TOs).  Bulls fans will laugh and say we caused the turnovers because we are so good.  Those same fans will beall over the Bulls if we have turnovers against Cincy and lose.

Is it us, or them?  It's always both, but 99% of fans don't see it that way.  Gotta give yourself a break once in a while, sometimes the other team just beats you.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

sometimes the other team just beats you.

and sometimes the other team has help from the zebras...

*cough*forwardpropulsionoftheball*cough*

• Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

By sloppy play I'm talking about penalties, fumbles caused because we didn't cover the ball, int"s because we ran the wrong routes or simply chucking the ball up for grabs. NOT wrapping up on a tackle that gets extra yardage.

There are plays made, the hit by Lejiste on the FSU rb, that are simply great plays, not slop by the rb. Those happen.

IF the desire to not get beat is there, everyone can feel it, just like at FSU. That feeling was not in Syracuse.

IMHO the BULLS can NOT be beaten IF everyone on the field plays 60 minutes with that desire.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

My reality check isn't about how fans act on the boards-- but that we feel slighted that weren't not ranked high enough because of this or that team and their resume.

my reality check is all about our resume-- which got weaker as FSU lost and lost again after our game. That was the single game that we were basing everything on for the most part-- I mean unless you can see into the **** future of how well BJ does against someone who is actually competent at playing the game.

Yeah I know fans will be fans-- but I think we are gettting way ahead of ourselves. I hope we are all dancing in the streets because we finished strong, did something good in conference etc.

but I am not convinced this is a team that can go undefeated.

I am not convinced this team is our strongest ever. Or that our defense will be able to stop the run when it matters.

Sorry-- the teams we've beaten are mediocre or worse. We've proven nothing on the field other than we didn't let FSU beat us before we walked into the stadium. That was a ncie thing-- don't get me wrong.

but what have we proven so far? squat.

the real (first) test is Thursday--- I personally thought it was going to be Sept 26

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

The reality of the situation is we won't have all the answers until the season is over.

Thursday will only answer a few

sometimes the other team just beats you.

and sometimes the other team has help from the zebras...

*cough*forwardpropulsionoftheball*cough*

:ROFLMAO

Another year, another chance to rise up and accomplish special things.  Will we win the NC this year?  Unlikely.  But we keep getting opportunities to prove we're in the Top 10 or Top 20.  Sooner or later, you'd think we'll take advantage. 

This year feels different to me.  Like we can move up another notch.

Either way, no pressure just enjoy the ride.  Lots of teams that have been around a lot longer than us haven't start 5-0 in many years.

Archived