• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

anyone else here feel the need for a reality check?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

It won't feel like 2007 until we lose to a bunch of suck ass teams that we were favored against.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

every team has fans like that, not just usf.  people are just different.  some people like to talk trash and make predictions.  others are like me and prefer to stay humble and just believe in the team.  i will be there rooting them on every game but as far as talking trash like how we're going to blow out his team or win the big east, that's just not my style.  it makes you look stupid when the game doesn't go the way you think it will.  i think a lot of fsu fans learned that the hard way.  never underestimate your opponent.  

• Content Count:  1,266

every team has fans like that, not just usf.  people are just different.  some people like to talk trash and make predictions.  others are like me and prefer to stay humble and just believe in the team.  i will be there rooting them on every game but as far as talking trash like how we're going to blow out his team or win the big east, that's just not my style.  it makes you look stupid when the game doesn't go the way you think it will.  i think a lot of fsu fans learned that the hard way.  never underestimate your opponent.  

i agree with most of what you say...but you're name is blahblah "kane"...

all day

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is SOP around here.  Some people like to go crazy and scream from the mountain tops about our greatness one week and then want to jump off the skyway the next. It's fun to watch. 

• Content Count:  4,451

Reality Check:  USF Bulls Special Teams i.e. field goal kicker

• Content Count:  10,219

this feels just like after we got to that lofty #2 position in 2007

some nice wins (more actually)

a lot of bragging and laughing at the members of the Big 3

then WHAM-- we got our comeuppance

so please folks-0- can we try to have a level head over our situation? I know it's easy to get caught up in the emotion but when your two biggest wins of the year are against a lousy 2-3 FSU team and then Syra-freaking-cuse-- well

color me unconvinced that we've suddenly "arrived"

I love the Bulls-- don't get me wrong. But some people in this forum are setting themselves up for some serious letdown action. Undefeated season? cmon-- that would be great but is very unlikely in the Big East. We will stumble at some point and if by some miracle we don't-- let's not lt this go to our head either.

I just want to enjoy the games-- it's fun tossing around hypothetical scenarios and all. Just don't start throwing down the phrases "disappointing loss" or "disappointing season" at the first sign of a bump in the road.

I do not see many talking about how great we are almost everyone is giving balanced opinions

• Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

personally, I don't think it feels like 07' when we were #2. Right now we're not #2 and I don't hear alot of people talking about us running the table. We still have a long way to go.

• Content Count:  151

this feels just like after we got to that lofty #2 position in 2007

some nice wins (more actually)

a lot of bragging and laughing at the members of the Big 3

then WHAM-- we got our comeuppance

so please folks-0- can we try to have a level head over our situation? I know it's easy to get caught up in the emotion but when your two biggest wins of the year are against a lousy 2-3 FSU team and then Syra-freaking-cuse-- well

color me unconvinced that we've suddenly "arrived"

I love the Bulls-- don't get me wrong. But some people in this forum are setting themselves up for some serious letdown action. Undefeated season? cmon-- that would be great but is very unlikely in the Big East. We will stumble at some point and if by some miracle we don't-- let's not lt this go to our head either.

I just want to enjoy the games-- it's fun tossing around hypothetical scenarios and all. Just don't start throwing down the phrases "disappointing loss" or "disappointing season" at the first sign of a bump in the road.

I do not see many talking about how great we are almost everyone is giving balanced opinions

Right  now  most are being level headed with no game this week and no losses.  That will change if and when we lose a game.  Seen it before and it will happen again like Mike said.

I go to every game with the expectation that we are going to win.  I know that very seldom will we win every game.  But the Bulls are my team and I back and support them 100%.  Let's not give up on them and throw them under the bus if they lose one, two or even three games.  We have a lot of talent and this just might be the yearfor the Big East title and maybe an undefeated season.  However we will never see a #2 ranking again until we prove we will not fold in the middle of the season like the last two years.  It will only happen at the end of the season with an undefeated or one loss season since we are still the new kid on the block.  We need to build a consistent winning reputation over years to get better recognition earlier in the season.  But I will be rooting them on every step of the way.  GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

I can throw an example of what I'm talking about if that helps

there is a thread I believe that asks what we think will happen if the Bulls are undefeated and there are some 1 or 2 loss traditionally known teams in the mix-- will we get shut out of the BCS NC. Perhaps it is just hypothetical in nature, but I just get an uneasy feeling about that type of question. It's a fair thing to discuss-- I am not saying I don't want to see it on the board. I just wonder if we aren't getting ahead of ourselves as a fanbase sometimes. I mean-- in this thread alone, someone responding to the #2 ranking talked abouthow USF lost to three lousy teams after that game. All three were bowl bound BE teams who we lost to by 7 points or less. It was like we got throttled. We just lost winnable games. And people went apeshit about that. It was kind of sad how upset folks got-- and how may coaches and even players were getting verbally abused by the same people who were so impressed before the downfall.

As for those thinking they are so cool to throw my thread in the ******-- guess what-- this thread is also an opinion and just as worthy as the threads/vibe it is addressing. Why is this question less worthy of discussion  (message board fan behavior) than anything else? I'm not trying to control anything here-- that is impossible. I am just annoyed by the way some act when we are hot **** and then turn 180 degrees as soon as we have a bump in the road. Some people you never see at all until that bump occurs-- whereupon they come in and tell everyone "told ya so" like they won something in the message board intellectual battle of wits.

It makes this board unbearable sometimes. I don't need it to always be sunshine and rainbows on here. But some level of sanity would be nice. Personally, I'm really not sure what to make of our team yet because I am not certain we have played a game that mattered or showed what we are made of. THe FSU game-- while a great win for the program-- has gotten over-hyped by the Athletic Department- beyond what even CJL thinks is right. Other than thrashing the then 8th ranked non-BCS BYU team (smoke and mirrors), they have looked pedestrian. SO how good a win was that from a football strength position? I can't recall being 5 games into a season before and having such limited information on who this team really is. Talent-laden-- sure. Good enough to win the BE? maybe. Sure hope so.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Threads that talk about threads always amaze me.

The purpose of measage boards is for people to talk about how they feel and to express their emotions whether you agree with them or not.  They start discussions and debates.  You can always pass on the ones you don't like.

Why don't you just write all of our threads for us and we'll try to follow your lead. ::)

bam

BOOM!

Archived