• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

anyone else here feel the need for a reality check?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

this feels just like after we got to that lofty #2 position in 2007

some nice wins (more actually)

a lot of bragging and laughing at the members of the Big 3

then WHAM-- we got our comeuppance

so please folks-0- can we try to have a level head over our situation? I know it's easy to get caught up in the emotion but when your two biggest wins of the year are against a lousy 2-3 FSU team and then Syra-freaking-cuse-- well

color me unconvinced that we've suddenly "arrived"

I love the Bulls-- don't get me wrong. But some people in this forum are setting themselves up for some serious letdown action. Undefeated season? cmon-- that would be great but is very unlikely in the Big East. We will stumble at some point and if by some miracle we don't-- let's not lt this go to our head either.

I just want to enjoy the games-- it's fun tossing around hypothetical scenarios and all. Just don't start throwing down the phrases "disappointing loss" or "disappointing season" at the first sign of a bump in the road.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Reality and message boards don't mix, come on MikeG, you know that.  :)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

I can handle a loss to Cincy (although I think we win) but a loss to UCONN, The Ville, Rutgers, or WVU will be a sad day in USF Nation.

• Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

It does not matter what the fans think.  They can get as high or low as they want.

The only people who really matter are the coaches and players.  They are the ones playing the game.

The rest of us are not even on the sidelines; we are in the bleachers.

• Content Count:  12,293

I just want to enjoy the games-- it's fun tossing around hypothetical scenarios and all. Just don't start throwing down the phrases "disappointing loss" or "disappointing season" at the first sign of a bump in the road.

i agree that it is very annoying when we lose a game and everyone acts like someone just died.  part of that might be due to unreal expectations....

however, this is just a message board.  as long as the guys in the locker room are keeping a level head...i really dont see a need for a reality check.  fans will be fans.  we can dream.

i will again say that...please...when we do lose (because chances are we will lose a game or two this year)  dont everyone on here go into ultra meltdown mode.

eye on the prize for me is the Big East Title THIS YEAR. 

we can still do that with 1 or 2 losses.

It starts with Cincy in 1 week from today.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

In all likely hood, we'll spiral downward and end up 8-4 in B-Ham.

So **** it and enjoy it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

I never said anything about the team needing a reality check

I'm talking about this message board and how it goes nuts at the first sign of a problem

I mean we've got people who are jumping for joy over the FSU win one second then started downer threads like "we'll lost to Cuse" the next.

it's freaking crazy how our fans act

but no-- I never said this has anything to do with the team at all-- just the fans over extending expectations based on very slim evidence to date. We had a better start the last two seasons comparatively in my opinion-- just based on who we beat

• Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

Threads that talk about threads always amaze me.

The purpose of measage boards is for people to talk about how they feel and to express their emotions whether you agree with them or not.  They start discussions and debates.  You can always pass on the ones you don't like.

Why don't you just write all of our threads for us and we'll try to follow your lead. ::)

• Content Count:  2,461

Threads that talk about threads always amaze me.

The purpose of measage boards is for people to talk about how they feel and to express their emotions whether you agree with them or not.  They start discussions and debates.  You can always pass on the ones you don't like.

Why don't you just write all of our threads for us and we'll try to follow your lead. ::)

bam

• Content Count:  5,241

Meh...I think everyone approached this season with concern, and I think everyone still is until October ends.

I think we're just seeing some hype cuz next week is a big game.

Not a big deal, its the internet. I've heard and seen worse

Archived