• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How close are we to a sell-out?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

I would be very pleasantly surprised if we go over 60K distributed for this game ... It would be a great sign for the program.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  292
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, I think for the casual football fan in the Tampa area, Cincinnati is not that big a draw.  Even at #8.

I think it is.  #8 (atleast) vs #23 (atleast) on national TV in Tampa is all that matter to some casual fans.  Also take into consideration that Cincy has a little more credibility now then in years past since they won the conf last year and went to a BCS game

Plus someone brought up a good point about the Rays game last year when comparing attendence to this game vs the Pitt game last year.

I would say atleast 5K people who would of went to the USF game didn't go because of the Rays playoff game.

I think 60K+ will happen and it could push to a sell out.  Hopefully we are selling a lot of the Pick 3 packages. 

the casual fan remembers the bulls tanking the last 2 season in oct.... win against cincy in convincing fashion the bulls game against wvu will be a sell out very quickly

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

N

4 - 3

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it isnt a sellout yet?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Yeah, I think for the casual football fan in the Tampa area, Cincinnati is not that big a draw.  Even at #8.

Too bad, it should be a great game.  There is going to be a lot settled that night on who is for real and who is not.

marketing problem

#8 team going to must venues would sell out

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Not sure what more USF can do to market this game.  It's pretty much everywhere.  I think we'll get the 60k.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Too bad, it should be a great game.  There is going to be a lot settled that night on who is for real and who is not.

marketing problem

If the USF marketing team can Morph #8 Cincy into #8 Ohio State, then it would sell out.

Cincy just does not have the name appeal or fan base to bring 10,000+ fans to Tampa for a THURSDAY night game. USF certainly can't fill up more than about 55,000 seats on its own at this point.

USF is already selling $10 tickets for this game. Do you think USF marketing should rather pay fans $10 to come watch the game in order to get a possible sellout? LOL

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Worth noting that with the $10 deal for upper level corner tickets, looking at best available might be misleading.  Most casual fans will probably just get the $10 upper tickets instead of ~$35 for mid-field upper level.  Looks like sales of $10 are going well.  I think 60,000 is a good goal.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

marketing problem

How many in your group for that game?

Archived