• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tackling... is it in our play book?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Gotta improve the tackling.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Personally, if I were a coach, I'd be keeping tabs on missed tackles for each player and having them doing a lot of extra running for each missed tackle they're responsible for.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

no its not, right now we aren't playing disciplined football

DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WINNNNNNNNNAAARRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

We've allowed 2 td's in 8 quarters of play .... I guess I've got to assume ball carriers tripped over their own feet on the way to the endzone for most of those 8 quarters since we don't know how to tackle anybody.

We've also played 2 teams that most Florida high schools could give a run for their money.

Yeah, that's a credible statement ...... Point is, yes, there were missed tackles but someone was pretty much always there to finish the job when it counted. The tackling needs to tighten up but it's not at the critical melting point that some are making it .... more overreaction, as per usual.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

We've allowed 2 td's in 8 quarters of play .... I guess I've got to assume ball carriers tripped over their own feet on the way to the endzone for most of those 8 quarters since we don't know how to tackle anybody.

against embarrassing teams who should have had more points that the stat sheets show.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

We've also played 2 teams that most Florida high schools could give a run for their money.

Yeah, that's a credible statement ...... Point is, yes, there were missed tackles but someone was pretty much always there to finish the job when it counted. The tackling needs to tighten up but it's not at the critical melting point that some are making it .... more overreaction, as per usual.

if its not corrected by the time we go to FSU we will get trucked.

I don't think its an overreaction. We haven't played against real talent yet...

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

in my opinion tackling is our biggest problem......by far.....what happened to the USF bulls of '07 that swarmed the ball with like 6 guys.....we should go back to playin like that....there were so many people at the ball by the time the first guy got there that nobody had to tackle them....we just  surrounded the ball and they would fall over haha

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

against embarrassing teams who should have had more points that the stat sheets show.

Which is where the term "statistics are for losers" come from ... They didn't score more because we tackled their players before they reached the endzone... This really isn't that complicated.

run defense is our second largest problem behind team attitude, or a lack thereof. if these 2 things can be corrected, we are big east champions.

Archived