• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Idiot Of The Year Award(Brett McMurphy).......No media allowed now, wonder why ?

jg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

ive been saying this for years. mcmurphy is the lousiest beat writer in america. where is flsportsfan to defend him?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Redfisher, either you are being sarcastic (which is hard to decipher with the written language), or you have never been involved in athletics. Foul language is part of the culture of sport. So is talking trash.

I had no idea until Brett posted this. Thankfully we have someone really getting into the more difficult and rarely reported aspects of college sports.

You must be Brett's brother or do not know anything about sports

• Content Count:  2,277

Has it been reported that the media is being held out of pratice? Did this change in the last day or so? I agree with the post, these details need not be reported, this happens everywhere. But did Leavitt make a point about this particular article?

Yes, no media at practices now!  Reported from the douschebag himself:

ODDS AND ENDS: Leavitt has banned the media from attending USF practices the rest of the season after a TBO.com blog reported a black player screaming profanities and racial slurs, usually directed at blacks, at a white player during Monday's practice.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

No prob redfish. That just means you we never an athlete, I get it and can understand. I think it might be a shocker to Mrs. Del also. The profanity starts in high school during practice. The trash talking is learned playing street ball and the like. Even in a setting like an open gym in a rec center and such you gotta be reminded to watch the language cause usually there are young kids in attendance.

I really don't think the way it was posted was correct, but I appreciate that it openned your eyes a little.

• Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

Brett wrote that article to apease his own self interest.  Typical of the media to try and read into something that occurs everywhere and make it something special.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

some cant handle the truth

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Brett is just trying to pad his resume to become the next UCiF beat writer...  ;)

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

He also completely insults our player's intelligence and the quality of education they receive at USF by insinuating that they are incapable of understanding a WWII reference.

• Content Count:  2,277

Sometimes all of the truth doesn't need to be reported to the masses by the media.  Where do you draw the line?  Can you start reporting about the player's families and significant others?

• Content Count:  4,016

Please tell me you're talking about redfish, and not the rest of us.  we all know the truth, but every fan in America doesn't need to read an article describing every vulgarity spewed by the coaches and players on their favorite teams.  Particularly in the heat of battle on something as intense as Board Drills.  

It's trivial, it's silly, it's nasty, providing the specific words, is particularly tactless and is only intended to embarrass the individual.  There is absolutely no other reason since the same point can be made with out the graphic depiction.

BTW, redfish...'atrocities'  REALLY?  Come on cursing and anger on Board Drills, where coaches force guys to hit each othe head on and not stop until one is on their back, is considered an atrocity by you?  A little heavy description even if you are shocked by this, it certainly isn't some abhorable act, and to pretend as such insults the rest of us fans.  

Archived