• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Idiot Of The Year Award(Brett McMurphy).......No media allowed now, wonder why ?

jg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

A Coach didn't do that...which means to the writer...the Coaches maybe even condoned it...and that would be sad.

How do you know what it means to the writer?? ..... Unless ....   :o

That would explain so much ...

trust me...if brett was to moonlight on this board as an opposing fan..it wouldnt be UCif.  It would be with his fellow stache wearing HC.

"Men of a stache stay attached. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I wonder if this incident actually get's McMurphy in hot water with Mother Trib. I don't really want to see anyone lose their job and I am sure most newspapers are wary of letting a coach dictate to their reporters but the Trib is cutting back and if this board is any indication of his overall target audience most of Brett's target market seemed to have turned on him. That does not seem like a good formula to sell newspapers. You would think if the Trib cares so little about USF fans they just assume not pay a beat writer to cover them at all. Would they keep a Gator Beat Writer who continuously ticks off Urban Myer? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yea...you dont want to see anyone lose their job but at the same time....if that person doesnt even care enough about their job to protect the access that makes their job possible then you have to wonder what are they doing in the first place??

my only suggestion is to write those at the Trib who are in charge.  Denise Palmer is the editor but i doubt she reads fan mail and having a writer of hers get run out of practice doesnt make her look good either......but maybe you should contact someone at Media General.  Someone there thought enough about USF athletics to become the official media sponser so i bet they would like to know what the local USF fanbase thinks about the beat writer. 

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

yea...you dont want to see anyone lose their job but at the same time....if that person doesnt even care enough about their job to protect the access that makes their job possible then you have to wonder what are they doing in the first place??

my only suggestion is to write those at the Trib who are in charge.  Denise Palmer is the editor but i doubt she reads fan mail and having a writer of hers get run out of practice doesnt make her look good either......but maybe you should contact someone at Media General.  Someone there thought enough about USF athletics to become the official media sponser so i bet they would like to know what the local USF fanbase thinks about the beat writer. 

Nothing like crapping where you sleep....good job brett

• Content Count:  959

Nothing like crapping where you sleep....good job brett

If you are as crappy at your job as he is, then I do not feel bad if he loses his job. He sucks at what he does, so therefore should be fired.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Was there really a need to write a story about that? Come on Brett, I didnt know you stooped that low...

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Bretts reporting is deteriorating into a very Jerry Springer'sque shock and trash column... what's next transvestite Nazi circus midgets... 

• Content Count:  4,501

Bretts reporting is deteriorating into a very Jerry Springer'sque shock and trash column... what's next transvestite Nazi circus midgets... 

Now thats funny !  I don't care who you are.  Good one Dixie

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I wonder if this incident actually get's McMurphy in hot water with Mother Trib. I don't really want to see anyone lose their job and I am sure most newspapers are wary of letting a coach dictate to their reporters but the Trib is cutting back and if this board is any indication of his overall target audience most of Brett's target market seemed to have turned on him. That does not seem like a good formula to sell newspapers. You would think if the Trib cares so little about USF fans they just assume not pay a beat writer to cover them at all. Would they keep a Gator Beat Writer who continuously ticks off Urban Myer? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

From what i can tell, the Trib subscribes to the old principle of "bad news or controversial articles sell newspapers". 

The people who read the USF articles are usually interested in CFB or USF.  But if the Trib/Brett can spin something controversial out of it, they do.  With all of the UF gators there, maybe that will help their college recruit against us - not sure if that is a motive.  Or they may think they are helping sell papers. 

I cancelled my trib subscription and get the times, and I prefer Greg's articles over Brett.  Brett and the Trib seem to try to beat down USF, but the SPT seems to offer a more favorable light - most of the time anyway. 

The papers are dying and the Trib is hurting more than the SPT.  I predict there will not be a Trib in 5 years based on their recent collapses.  The few remaining Trib writers will end up at the times (which probably won't run 7 days a week anymore either).  The trib is losign market share and their style of journalism, and what they tolerate, is a big reason for that. 

Brett, you are working yourself out of a job.  You may want to rethink your methodology going forward to preserve it a little longer.

• Content Count:  4,738

Its a shame that we have a beatwriter that feels the need to write a social commentary while covering the practices.  I'd rather you report on players performances and the like.

Archived