• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Leavitt endorses UCF for Big East expansion:

USF was 4-7 in its last year in CUSA but carry on*

Bulls first year in c-usa as a partial member with a 9-2 record. Beat every team in c-usa that year.

We were not a "partial member" in 2002.  Southern Miss would not let us in... sure, we scheduled four teams that year and won all four games... but we were not a 'partial member'

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We were not a "partial member" in 2002.  Southern Miss would not let us in

It wasn't Southern Miss. Memphis and UAB's presidents were the most vocal opponents of USF joining in 2001.

• Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

USF was 4-7 in its last year in CUSA but carry on*

Bulls first year in c-usa as a partial member with a 9-2 record. Beat every team in c-usa that year.

We were not a "partial member" in 2002.  Southern Miss would not let us in... sure, we scheduled four teams that year and won all four games... but we were not a 'partial member'

I do remember the famous quote "We want quality not quantity."  That sure came back to bite them in the ass!

• Content Count:  4,501

We were not a "partial member" in 2002.  Southern Miss would not let us in

It wasn't Southern Miss. Memphis and UAB's presidents were the most vocal opponents of USF joining in 2001.

Actually it was USM that was a big opponenet of USF coming into C-USA.

The BE really needs to add another quality team because if they are not carefull and just sit on their arse they will someday see the Big Ten steal one of their teams away so they can have a championship game.

I would have a full court press on trying to get Penn State to come to the BE.  They are by far the best team we could get.  PSU has a great following, even in Florida and a very loyal fan base.  They bring respecability and a great history.  Just pure guess but I think if you look at the money end that 1/9th of the BE dollars isn't to much different the 1/11th of the Big Ten dollars.  I would think Pitt might not care for it but it sure would bring back a great rivilery game every year between them.  Going to Happy Valley is a great experience.

Actually, 1/9th of Big East dollars is probably about half or less than 1/11th of Big Ten money for football - considering how much $$ they get from the Big Ten cable network.

• Content Count:  476

DC is 9th on that list - georgetown

Philly s 4th - Temple

Orlando - 20th and half are snowbirds probably  ;D

people complain when the Big East isnt given respect when compared to the SEC and Big 12, yet some go around and talk about adding UCF? Thats a little backwards in my opinion. If we want to respect of a legitimate BCS conference, we have to act like it, and not go knocking on our neighbors door for fun. if we're gonna talk expansion, the Big East needs to think bigger than that:

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/10/does-the-big-east-need-to-form-a-super-conference/

We have Villanova in Philadelphia...

Villanova or Temple are a much more viable selection along with with Wooster and UT-Chat.

:ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

A "beautiful campus" has no bearing when conference's look at expanding...so go ahead and drop that arguement...

P.S. The UCF campus isnt that "beautiful." Have you ever been to another campus outside of FL? Your campus does not even look like a real college campus.

• Content Count:  113

I don't think this has been mentioned in the first seven pages of this discussion.

I think the Big East, when thinking about a 9th member, needs to look at it from a recruiting standpoint.

What does a UCF in the Big East do for Big East recruiting?

What I think will happen is it will dilute our recruiting as well as take some prospects away from the other Big East teams that recruit the state like WVU, Rutgers and Louisville.

UF, FSU and Miami will always get theirs so this isn't going to effect them in the slightest.

I know people will say that Florida has such a wealth of talent that it doesn't matter, but come on, the wells gotta run dry at some point.

So despite what UCF fans wanna tout as positives (TV market, facilities etc etc) I think when expansion comes all the B.E teams will realize the cost outweighs the benefits.

Archived