• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is this true?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You don't have to make the whole stadium bench seats, but what is the prupose of chairbacks in the student section? Or in discounted sections.

As to beer, get over it. There will be a day where no beer is served at NCAA sanctioned events, no matter where they are. You can drink at the tailgate and/or sneak it in. Most major football schools do this anyway. If you're gonna cry about beer sales and troughs...you're stretching.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I don't want bench seats or no beer.........but bring back the troughs!  Most efficient way to get people in and out of the bathroom by far!

How about troughs at the seats, it would be much more efficient as you wouldn't have to leave your seat.  :D

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I don't want bench seats or no beer.........but bring back the troughs!  Most efficient way to get people in and out of the bathroom by far!

How about troughs at the seats, it would be much more efficient as you wouldn't have to leave your seat.   :D

I like the way you think. 

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

For the people that dont want an OCS...you must have never been to UF, FSU, or any other big time school that has an OCS. It truly makes campus have a much more lively atmosphere, and gives a good reason for alumni to come back to campus. If you have been to UF on a gameday, picture that for USF. That is what it could be like. And to the argument that it wouldnt be as nice as Ray Jay...well college stadiums are not supposed to as nice as NFL stadiums. I would take the hit of less luxury for a better gameday atmosphere. Just my 2 cents.

Costa - There is not a single, solitary person on here who doesn't "WANT" a stadium on campus.  I sure as hell do.  But this isn't about WANTING.

USF has other priorities, like the $24 million they want to spend on the other facilities.

Seatbacks are a must. Lots of bathrooms and concession areas are a must. Club levels are a must. Suites are a must.  Heck, even UCF and FIU knew this with their erector sets.

First, I along with many season tix holders I know, do not want an OCS.  Too expensive when we have a great community stadium, further away, less amenities, and no beer.  Sorry, but I am not in favor of it nor will I be.

Second, UCF had to build a stadium. The Citrus bowl was in serious need of repair and was scheduled for demolition.  They would have been homeless - not to mention it was 30 minutes away from their campus (not 7 miles).

Last, I totally agree with you on fnances.  USF has too many other ailing athletic facilities to jump into an OCS. They need to sort those out first.  Also, how the heck do you think they could support parking for 50 - 60 k attendees.  Parking garages cost $5-6k per parking space to build, and they don't have enough parking even for half that many students today.   We cannot get enough money to build a dining hall, to redo the pool, and to build a covered practice facility or basketball (or football for that matter).  No way we could raise the money in the near term for an OCS so it would all be debt loaded - which is a bad idea.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Seatbacks are a must. Lots of bathrooms and concession areas are a must. Club levels are a must. Suites are a must.  Heck, even UCF and FIU knew this with their erector sets.

seatbacks are only a must in certain areas.  give the students aluminum benches.  Probably could have a stadium with one side having luxury suites and the other side of the stadium having a lot more regular seating.  and no seat back for students..

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

IncrediBULL the distance is a dumb argument. UF and FSU has thousands if fans tha drive from Tampa every weekend to their venues for day trips. I think our fans can bear the extra 15 on a Saturday...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  0

Can we please start filling the facilities that we currently have on campus, namely the SunDome, on a regular basis before the OCS conversations start up again.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Can we please start filling the facilities that we currently have on campus, namely the SunDome, on a regular basis before the OCS conversations start up again.

Obviously not.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Nothing wrong with a good OCS conversation. 

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Apples to oranges, football is king in Florida, not basketball, not soccer, not baseball.

Archived