• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Note to USF marketing dept.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

my beef is mostly with that terrible commerical with the techno music.

we have to be able to do better than that.  its a waste of broadcast budget putting that thing on the air.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  342

my beef is mostly with that terrible commerical with the techno music.

we have to be able to do better than that.  its a waste of broadcast budget putting that thing on the air.

That is the one that I hate too.

• Content Count:  4,016

cheese sells to the casual fan.  This is no joke.  Some of that stuff is going to be crappy to a diehard fan, but it sells to the casual guy, within 30 miles of the stadium, who is deciding what to do on a Saturday, and the choices are between the cheesy giveaway at the Rays game, a movie, the beach, etc.  Gotta hook-em...

As a bulls fan, you should be at least happy to see that USF is now using multiple mediums to market and promote.  There was a day when we had one billboard, that was cheesy, the commercials, and the official site was barely ever up to date.  Now all facets are working, but the cheesiest will always be the tv, and billboards because they've got to deliver a mass message, deliver it quickly, succintly, and hit all the key points.

I'd love to see a commercial like that Hokie, and then believe thousands of people who don't know USF would get off the coach, run to the www.gousfbulls.com website and order season tixs.  Reality is if most locals so that commercial they would guess it was for the bucs before the bulls.

Marketing firm is doing this stuff, maybe the music and be improved, maybe the images, but the overall cheese factor will always be there as long as we have tons of empty seats.  Once you're filling a stadium consistently then you can rely more on emotional attachment, but for now we need bodies and butts in seats.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We do have suck as* commercials. We need to care a little bit more.

BullPride08 ... I am pretty sure they are not talking about athletics ads, but the main USF ad that USF get's free during every football broadcast ... (still images, white background, greeen/gold line running through it...)

These are good:

X0GdZAqV2Fw

zYDNCUHPuco

And for the old schoolers.... BEFORE FOOTBALL....

QAuJ0hUh0UA

• Content Count:  122

BullPride08 ... I am pretty sure they are not talking about athletics ads, but the main USF ad that USF get's free during every football broadcast ... (still images, white background, greeen/gold line running through it...)

These are good:

X0GdZAqV2Fw

zYDNCUHPuco

And for the old schoolers.... BEFORE FOOTBALL....

QAuJ0hUh0UA

That's the one that I am talking about. That is the one that national TV audiences see during our nationally broadcast football games. It looks crappy and makes the university look crappy. Compare it to other universities "school" advertisements. Ours is the only one that looks like a high school production class made it.

Other school example:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

QAuJ0hUh0UA

I actually remember that song ..... and has Louk been there since 1956??

• Content Count:  4,016

oh jim, thanks...then disregard what I was saying before.  I thought for a second that **** this group can be picky.  I know the athetics can be cheezy at times but overall serve the purpose.  The academic side is definitely too cheesy but that's the University for ya.

• Content Count:  4,738

all of these money woes would be wiped out if they abolished "grandfathered in" pricing

• Content Count:  89

A couple slo mo shots and some epic opera type music with some highlights of some brutal hits is a good enough video for me.

You motivated me to give it a whirl.  I added dramatic music, some slow mo, some subtitles and graphics, and a few other things to attempt to "fire you up". lol. please forgive the lack of an apostrophe in "we're" as I'm not in the mood to render 600mb of video again at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNoF4LCHXI

Archived