• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Note to USF marketing dept.....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

This is what you should be trying to come up with.....

Just stumbled on this

I'm not even a VT fan but damned if that doesn't get you pumped.... wish we had stuff like this.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Costs $$ to produce that... and we have other needs.

I don't know.  I think we need to dump some serious cash into our commercials.  The garbage we have been running during games is embarrasing.  I understand someone probably worked really hard on it, and I have no doubt the result was phenomenal given the budget and time they had to work with, but this is USF's chance to make an impression on people who have never heard of this university.  We are running stuff that looks like it was made by a high school video production class.

It just amazes me.  How much would an advertisting spot on ESPN Thursday night football cost?  And we get it for free, but are too cheap to put together a stimulating commercial.  USF is seriously missing the boat on these branding opportunities.

</rant>

Perhaps they should start a fundraiser.  I know some of us really would be willing to kick in an extra few bones because we feel this is a gold opportunity we are letting pass us up.  A few more years, most people will have heard of USF, and improving the commercials wont fix that first impression!

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

please....that cost what....maybe $500?? 

we already have the equipment in our mass comm program.  why not let some of the grad students do it as a class project.

why cant crawl behind the "we are young and poor" every time a good idea comes up

But we are "young" (which doesn't matter here) and we are "poor"... there are things other schools CAN do but USF can't.

I am pretty sure the existing commercial was created by students ... it's possible a new crop of students could do better.

• Content Count:  12,293

im not denying we are young and poor but that being said...

it means we have to spend smarter.  when we cut corners and produce a terrible commerical it is a complete waste.  you only have to pay production charges one time.  you buy the tv space over and over again.  id much rather put a little more $$ into the production even if it means taking some from the advertising budget.

the past few years the commericals we have been running out there have done nothing o help our brand.  if anything it might of hindered our progress by seeming way too minor leagues.

i say cut the run schedule by 10% and put that $$$ into producing a better product to run.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Jim.... The video was put together on a laptop in a dorm room... We need better minds... technology isn't the problem.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I would rather have no commercial than what we run now.

Just have CJL talk about how great USF is and let that be the commercial.

• Content Count:  1,777

please....that cost what....maybe $500?? 

we already have the equipment in our mass comm program.  why not let some of the grad students do it as a class project.

why cant crawl behind the "we are young and poor" every time a good idea comes up

:clap

Agreed!! Not only is the USF Football team talented the students at USf are talented as well. I believe a student can put something together just as good or even better. Not only will it promote the school but it give the student some experience in film production and editing.

• Content Count:  5,241

A couple slo mo shots and some epic opera type music with some highlights of some brutal hits is a good enough video for me.

Archived