• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Final Spring Game thoughts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  557
  • Days Won:  0

i thought it was funny that before the spring game, people were so pumped about our TRANSFER and JUCO offensive linemen.. then were all of a sudden freaked out because they realized how crappy our o-line was at the spring game.. what the hell did you guys expect?  they are TRANSFERS.. on the o-line, we're gonna be screwed this year.

Seriously, do you understand how college football works at all??

actually i do, and i know you dont just plug a bunch of JUCO's and transfers and expect that them to function a peak capacity together on the offensive line.  maybe in other positions, but not on the line.  whenever there's attrition on the offensive line, it's a bad sign.. and when you're plugging in transfers and juco kids (which you shouldnt be building your program around anyways, ESPECIALLY the o-line), you're gonna get atrocious continuity.  regardless of if they were there or not, we still lost a lot and we're gonna be screwed on the line.  but from another thread, the only thing that matters to some of you is grothe running around like a chicken with his head cut off and being 'the all-time conference leader in yards'   :ROFLMAO  stats are for losers, records are for winners

For starters bringing in JUCO transfers is the ONLY way to fix our OLine problems for this coming season. It is next to impossible to recruit game ready HS talent that we can just plug into the OLine next year. Even if we could recruit game ready OLinemen out of HS we would STILL run into your "continuity" problems. The bottom line is that we had very few returning OLinemen and bringing in JUCO transfers IS the solution to that problem.

Secondly we are far from building our program around JUCO kids. Look at our roster and tell me how many starters are from the JUCO ranks? If my memory serves me correctly there is only 1, aside from our OLine which is still a mystery, and that is Kion (with Bedford being a possibility)

And lastly how do you figure that all we care about is "Grothe running around like a chicken with his head cut off"? Have you bothered to read this thread or the numerous others on this site? How many are actually about Grothe? Answer: very few.

So before you post again try actually thinking about what you are going to say, and then back it up with some FACTS.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

i thought it was funny that before the spring game, people were so pumped about our TRANSFER and JUCO offensive linemen.. then were all of a sudden freaked out because they realized how crappy our o-line was at the spring game.. what the hell did you guys expect?  they are TRANSFERS.. on the o-line, we're gonna be screwed this year.

The JUCO players aren't here yet, and we were missing several starters on the line due to injury for the game. The majority of the line last night was backups.

• Content Count:  1,894

owned.

lol.

This years spring game was except for some defensive positions and qb was nothing to gear this year on. We don't know how good the qb's could be without a first string line, or how could the d-line is with back-up o-linemen. It wasn't pretty upfront. We got Savala coming in, Rose. Our o-line will eventually good. We didn't have genus at center. Sims is injured. So the under center stuff showed how weak the o-line is.

When these guys get here it is going to be interesting. Kayvon will fight for a starting spot. Bring em innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

• Content Count:  219

, the only thing that matters to some of you is grothe running around like a chicken with his head cut off and being 'the all-time conference leader in yards'   :ROFLMAO  stats are for losers, records are for winners

Man, Selvie and Jenkins sure must suck, it's not just Grothe.

Not to mention other "losers" like K. Mitchell, A. Henry, and A. Hall.

USF = sucks  ::)

Tressey's d will be exciting to watch.  It will win a game or two for us this year based on points scored by the D.  But it also my give up the big play more often than we're accustomed to.

It gave up the big play and it gave up a huge drive in the final few minutes. Not encouraging; that or the offense is great.

owned.

Agreed. This guy is a complete fool.

Though, you often post similar to him don't you?

This years spring game was except for some defensive positions and qb was nothing to gear this year on.

Heck, not only was the talent on the field not what we'll be seeing but the schemes employed will be different. We played under center the entire game; that won't happen during the season obviously (unless huge changes are in store).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Seriously, do you understand how college football works at all??

actually i do, and i know you dont just plug a bunch of JUCO's and transfers and expect that them to function a peak capacity together on the offensive line.  maybe in other positions, but not on the line.  whenever there's attrition on the offensive line, it's a bad sign.. and when you're plugging in transfers and juco kids (which you shouldnt be building your program around anyways, ESPECIALLY the o-line), you're gonna get atrocious continuity.  regardless of if they were there or not, we still lost a lot and we're gonna be screwed on the line.  but from another thread, the only thing that matters to some of you is grothe running around like a chicken with his head cut off and being 'the all-time conference leader in yards'   :ROFLMAO  stats are for losers, records are for winners

Dude, when you get outed for being a numbskull, don't bury yourself further. You didn't watch the game ... you have no clue who played or didn't play. Do you even know how the teams are chosen? Even if the best OLmen WERE available, they would have been split up and the results would not have been that good, like most of the other Spring games. The OL play this year is an unknown commodity at this point because of the attrition .... and I emphasize the word unknown.

Why you felt compelled to comment on a thread about a game you had no clue about is rather puzzling ..... on second thought, you commenting on stuff you have no clue about is pretty much the norm and we should be used to it by now.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

boom, outta here.

Tressey's d will be exciting to watch.  It will win a game or two for us this year based on points scored by the D.  But it also my give up the big play more often than we're accustomed to.

It gave up the big play and it gave up a huge drive in the final few minutes. Not encouraging; that or the offense is great.

The drive was 3rd string vs 3rd string... not something to worry about.

The big play? Well yeah... that could be something ... but don't forget just like the offense didn't do much, neither did the defense.  They played only a handful of coverage packages... and the big play was given up by a mix of 1st and 2nd stringers... had all 11 1st teamers been on the same team, who knows ...

We'll give up a few of those again this year... most teams do here and there... the secret is limiting when they happen, how often, and how the team responds that will be key.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Who else had the play-by-play earphones?  I really thought they were cool...  can't wait to listen to it for real this season.

Archived