• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Final Spring Game thoughts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I didn't read all of these posts, but it seems like there is some misconception that an offensive lineman can't step in and make an immediate impact.

Two words - Jake Long - 2008 NFL Pro-Bowl selection as a rookie

2007 Miami Dolphins Record: 1-15

2008 Record : 11-5

The new guys will play together this summer, we have 3 "warm-up" games for everyone to get on the same page. They will work it out. If they know their blocking assignments, their talent will prevail. It may not be pretty for the first few games, but Rose and Savala should be very good players, they will still have to win a position when they get here, but if they do that, they will be fine.

Very entertaining game. Landi looked pretty good, good mobility for his size, accuracy a little suspect at times, but that can be worked on.

Daniels looks good, just a little concerned that his first instinct is to take off and run...also doesn't seem to tuck the ball when he runs. Arm is amazing.

Very excited about WRs.

Like everyone, nervous about OL, hoping more talented players step in and make a difference. Also, keeping in mind that the shot gun gives the qb another second or so, so maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked.

leavitt has been a poor recruiter of olinemen

great  linemen would do just fine playing as  a true freshman if they had the talent

why didnt we recruit juco studs

olinemen is vital to success of offense but leavitt thinks defense only

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I didn't read all of these posts, but it seems like there is some misconception that an offensive lineman can't step in and make an immediate impact.

The new guys will play together this summer, we have 3 "warm-up" games for everyone to get on the same page. They will work it out. If they know their blocking assignments, their talent will prevail. It may not be pretty for the first few games, but Rose and Savala should be very good players, they will still have to win a position when they get here, but if they do that, they will be fine.

Very entertaining game. Landi looked pretty good, good mobility for his size, accuracy a little suspect at times, but that can be worked on.

Daniels looks good, just a little concerned that his first instinct is to take off and run...also doesn't seem to tuck the ball when he runs. Arm is amazing.

Very excited about WRs.

Like everyone, nervous about OL, hoping more talented players step in and make a difference. Also, keeping in mind that the shot gun gives the qb another second or so, so maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked.

great  linemen would do just fine playing as  a true freshman if they had the talent

I always thought Lawyers were supposed to know how to read.  Obviously you didn't read the earlier posts, nor know what USF has done about OL this year, or our position on JUCO guys this year, or who played and who was held out. Being you are in LA/CA, I understand your not seeing the game, but that should not prohibit you from actually trying to understand what you are talking about.

Your post not only was a collosal waste of my time in reading all 4 incoherant sentances, but also showed that you reallly don't care to make any sense or to know what you are talking about.  Thanks for once again proving that fact to all of those on this board.

• Content Count:  219
  • Days Won:  0

no wide receiver in our offense will explode

it is easy to shut down one  or two wide receivers in our offense

If you're referring to my post about Bogans ready to explode he may not have to do it on receptions. Even if our offense is still inept he could make a huge impact simply from how dynamic he is on returns.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

So, after all the final thoughts on the game and new thoughts on posters thoughts,

Mine -

BJD should be fine next year. He's alot faster the MG.

Happy for Erskine.

Punting seemed to be off.

WRs need to be more agressive to the ball.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Very excited about WRs.

I always thought Lawyers were supposed to know how to read.  Obviously you didn't read the earlier posts, nor know what USF has done about OL this year, or our position on JUCO guys this year, or who played and who was held out. Being you are in LA/CA, I understand your not seeing the game, but that should not prohibit you from actually trying to understand what you are talking about.

Your post not only was a collosal waste of my time in reading all 4 incoherant sentances, but also showed that you reallly don't care to make any sense or to know what you are talking about.  Thanks for once again proving that fact to all of those on this board.

Yep, he proves it all the time.

Archived