• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Final Spring Game thoughts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

anyone?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I was only there the first half, but my thoughts:

OL, especially tackle is a liability.  Part of it is not allowing the 1st team to work together but parts of it weren't pretty.

David Bedford may be coming around.

Terrel McClain may be a dominator inside if he commits to it.

Quenton Washington better learn how to tackle, but he has very good ball skills.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i enjoyed Landi's last drive.

Bogan is a playmaker.

• Content Count:  219
  • Days Won:  0

1. Kelly got hit for a loss at least once.

2. BJ showed incredible athleticism, questionable mental abilities though. He got passes deflected, intercepted, he fumbled, looked very "Grothesque" in terms of not throwing the ball away and taking the big sack. Seems like a Grothe clone really; with a much higher ceiling. Let's hope he puts everything together.

3. Joel Miller was quite surprising. Honestly, I'm not "in the mood" for another Ben Williams though, hopefully this guy stays to the practice squad.

4. Daniel Bryant has blazing speed.

5. Is there a reason Landi makes so many jump throws?

6. Delbert still sucks at FGs, that's fine though lol

7. McClain is a beast.

8. Bogan is set to explode.

9. I don't like the prospect of Theo returning he drops so many balls.

10. Umm, wow, what a great game much less a spring game...!

Guest hm101

Bogan and mitchell were excellent.

ford and plancher still about even in terms of skill (not good news... we need a go-to RB)

landi had an excellent drive at the end. if we can take out some of the poor throws he and daniels made, we have a stellar QB lineup.

• Content Count:  219

if we can take out some of the poor throws he and daniels made, we have a stellar QB lineup.

Decision making is one of the key features of a "good quarterback." Landi definitely had superior decision making, Daniels thinks he's superman out there. If Daniels can tone it down he'll be a phenomenal player he's a freak out there on the field.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Does anyone know the announced attendance?

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

The most entertaining Green and Gold Game to date.  The staff has alot to clean up for next year, the O-line had a bunch of holding calls, receivers ran some sloppy routes, and the QBs were erratic at times and at others showed glimpses of brillance.  Loved Coach Tressey's fire on the sideline and we saw some of his defenses ability to jump routes.  Another long summer to wait for football.

• Content Count:  12,293

i didnt watch the whole thing but Terrell McClain was clearly to most impressive player i saw on the field

Guest hm101

i was occasionally confused about whether to be happy at the success of a play or disappointed that the other side allowed it.

Archived