• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mercer Released

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I am glad Stan took a serious view on this and did the right thing.  He screwed up once and the issue was swept under the rug.  But now it must be dealt with.  You cannot allow two arrests in a year to occur without serious action.  And he dragged a new player into it. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Not bashing him.  He just hasn't exactly exhibited any behaviors that would indicate being bright.  Would like to know what others have seen. 

He may be of average intelligence. 

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

What would give anybody the inclination that Mercer is a bright kid?  You don't exactly need to be a genius or a straight arrow to be able to play sports at UGA or USF.  To be unable to do so at either does not indicate any sort of above average intelligence at all.   

This really ***** BTW.  Really...

I dont see why anyone would think this kid is bright either.  Didnt he get the boot from UGA for academic reasons??? Also, I have a tattooand dont look down on them but anyone who gets them all over their neck and arms for everyone to see, even when clothed,  isnt thinking about their future unless they are a sure shot at the NBA.  

In his defense his first offense for drinking in public, though i dont know all the details, doesnt sound too bad or warranted as "strike number one".  I feel this incident is more like his first strike, but Heath obviously knows more than I or anyone here does.  

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

What would give anybody the inclination that Mercer is a bright kid?  You don't exactly need to be a genius or a straight arrow to be able to play sports at UGA or USF.  To be unable to do so at either does not indicate any sort of above average intelligence at all.   

Actually, it does.  The fact that he is on target to graduate indicates even more.  Less than 20% of adult Americans have graduated from college.  

I happen to work in an office with a large percentage of people that have graduated from college.  They are not average Americans.  As you pass through your day outside of your office, notice all of the people working cash registers, changing the oil in your car, stocking shelves, building roads.  That's average America.  They haven't gone to college.  They work harder than I do.  The only measure which the majority of them are above average would be in common sense.  

We sometimes take our own lives for granted.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

This really ***** BTW.  Really...

I dont see why anyone would think this kid is bright either.  Didnt he get the boot from UGA for academic reasons??? Also, I have a tattooand dont look down on them but anyone who gets them all over their neck and arms for everyone to see, even when clothed,  isnt thinking about their future unless they are a sure shot at the NBA.  

In his defense his first offense for drinking in public, though i dont know all the details, doesnt sound too bad or warranted as "strike number one".  I feel this incident is more like his first strike, but Heath obviously knows more than I or anyone here does.

I agree the underage drinking thing wasn't that big of a deal but here's the problem:

"I don't think I necessarily said 'One more chance,' but he knew his back was against the wall," Heath said. "He swore to me he wouldn't cross the line, so when you breach that trust, that's not a good thing... "

He not only crossed the line, but crossed three lines and pulled in front of a cop ......

• Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Mike Mercer is an idiot.

The end.

• Content Count:  5,591

Way to go dumbass.  Blow a chance to start for a team in the best conference in college basketball.

• Content Count:  5,591

How will this affect the lineup for next year?

I would assume it will be

Jones

Leemow

Crater

Espinosa

Gilchrist

But are there any other guards after that, or a bigger guard than crater and leemow that could start?

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

How will this affect the lineup for next year?

I would assume it will be

Jones

Leemow

Crater

Espinosa

Gilchrist

But are there any other guards after that, or a bigger guard than crater and leemow that could start?

Crater won't be eligible until after the 1st semester. So for now the lineup goes like this:

PG - Howard

SG - Jones

G/F - ???

PF - Gilchrist

PF/C - ???

The question marks at the 3 and 5 spots are because I doubt those guys are on campus yet. We have Dumars and Noriega signed already. We are recruiting guards Eric Bledsoe, Jeremy Adams, Akeem Richmond, Jason Calliste, Vee Stanford. We are recruiting Andre Marhold, Terrell Vinson, Daequon Montreal for the Forward spot. We have Gary Flowers and Quincy Hankins as targets for the post. Those are just some of the names we know of and you can bet that there are more that will be revealed over the next 45 days.

• Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, it does.  The fact that he is on target to graduate indicates even more.  Less than 20% of adult Americans have graduated from college.  

I happen to work in an office with a large percentage of people that have graduated from college.  They are not average Americans.  As you pass through your day outside of your office, notice all of the people working cash registers, changing the oil in your car, stocking shelves, building roads.  That's average America.  They haven't gone to college.  They work harder than I do.  The only measure which the majority of them are above average would be in common sense.  

We sometimes take our own lives for granted.

Good post.

This really sucks. He could have been so good. I feel bad for the guy.

Archived