• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sorry, I'm looking forward to the spring game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

I find it hard to believe Grothe will be benched even if BJ shows himself as "better" this spring (which I don't think he is better). What makes you think he is not any better?

Leavitt is very loyal to Grothe and Grothe is the face of the team, especially when/if Selvie goes to the NFL. It definitely would be terrible PR for Grothe to be benched.

Leavitt and the PR should just indicate to Grothe haters just to get ready for him to be back next year, fair or not.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  637
  • Days Won:  0

^ my post there is somewhat incoherent (given the time), but I'm not sure of why you bothered to quote it. I don't think BJ will (necessarily) be better than Grothe right away, and even if he is I think Leavitt is fiercely loyal to Grothe and he'll only be benched if he's hurt (which is obviously stupid on Leavitt's behalf).

• Content Count:  1,894

How can he do worse than grothe honestly??????? It isnt hard to do as good or better then a mediocre qb.

Cantwell????? Great example, the guy has a wind up before he throws, and strong arm doesnt neccesairly tranlsate into a good qb. There is a reason the guy was a walk on.

From the word from players and people that have heard similar reports from being around practices and what not, it is easier to make a judgement that BJ  COULD NO NO WORSE. It is not idiotic. I will eat my words if he doesnt, but who cares? Grothe might look good for what little he has done but he has not won us any championship and has consistantly regressed from year to year whatever the reason may be. The limited we seen Daniels in the game, he can move like grothe and we know he is faster then grothe. Regardless of the defense because he threw on the run to a tough spot, we know he can throw on the run..so where do you see any clues that tell us this guy should bust or cant handle what grothe does. Besides running, what does grothe do good?...Well he rarely puts the ball where it needs to be, and throws interceptions in large amounts. Those are tough shoes to fill.

Lets be realistic, and when you find your way to reality and watch some other qb's around the country make throws that grothe continues to blow, you'll realize were not BASHING grothe, what he has done is great for our program, but the guy is nothing special at the qb position.

• Content Count:  5,241

How can he do worse than grothe honestly??????? It isnt hard to do as good or better then a mediocre qb.

Were you not around for pat julmiste?

• Content Count:  1,894

Dont compare Julmiste to Daniels. Julmiste had nothing but a rocket arm and a body good for running 2 yards a pop. Julmiste had zero concept of touch on a football. He wouldnt have started on any other d-1 school, I think that's fair to say.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

The battle between Grothe and B.J. Daniels will be more intriguing then the bowl match up in St. Pete. Oh what Jim will do.

Umm... our spring games are usually pretty bad.

Good point...as I think USF's last Spring Game ended in a 6-3 game.

Various reasons for some low scoring or sloppy spring games as some teams (like USF) divide up their offense/defensive units...and since that doesn't happen much during spring practice (you usually practice with your 1's or 2's), that came lead to sloppy play.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Lot of noobs around these parts over the last 15 months....   :D

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yeah it can be way worse than Grothe, but by the same token it can also be a lot better. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Some fans are just silly ...

Too many examples of Leavitt putting the best man on the field to think he is playing favorites.

Grothe's good heavily outweigh his bad. Unfortunately his Jr season was similar to his So season, not a great improvement we needed.

Same can be said about this ENTIRE team. A Major Disappointment !

Not looking forward to our 4th straight Bowl game shows the level of some fans ... ALL schools have. BULL Nation will have a stronger fa base each year.

I will be cheering as hard the 20th as I would have if we were playing on January 8th.

Love this program and these losses were the toughest to take.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

There will be no starting QB battle between Grothe and Daniels...Leavitt will not replace Grothe. Maybe Jimbo should take a gander up to Columbus and check out how well Pryor is working out for OSU....

Also about those people saying that Jim Leavitt is loyal to seniors, Pat Julmiste won over the job from senior Ronnie Banks and Grothe won the job from senior Pat Julmiste. Maikon Bonani won the starting job after Delbert Alvarado clearly was struggling. I think we'll have a full blown QB controversy next spring.....With that said, I think BJ will probably be used in a '06 Tebow kind of way except BJ will probably be allowed to pass more to utilize his strong arm

Jim Leavitt is very loyal to his seniors. When Tyller Roberts get beat constantly like a drum, don't get pulled. That's loyalty. When Craig Marshell out plays Jarriett Buie and don't start in his place. That's loyalty. Pat Julmiste lose his job off injury. I do believe B.J. can thow 3-4 TD's in the spring game, Grothe will still start.

Archived