• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sorry, I'm looking forward to the spring game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

The battle between Grothe and B.J. Daniels will be more intriguing then the bowl match up in St. Pete. Oh what Jim will do.

if there isnt an upgrade in talent and/or coaching you  can forget improvement in records

Woah, I actually agree with something Smazza says!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I find it hard to believe Grothe will be benched even if BJ shows himself as "better" this spring (which I don't think he is better).

Leavitt is very loyal to Grothe and Grothe is the face of the team, especially when/if Selvie goes to the NFL. It definitely would be terrible PR for Grothe to be benched.

Leavitt and the PR should just indicate to Grothe haters just to get ready for him to be back next year, fair or not.

I for one could careless about PR.

I'm sure you join Leavitt and many others in that statement.  For anyone to think a guy starts a year of football guaranteed a job because he was on billboards this year is insane.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I find it hard to believe Grothe will be benched even if BJ shows himself as "better" this spring (which I don't think he is better).

Leavitt is very loyal to Grothe and Grothe is the face of the team, especially when/if Selvie goes to the NFL. It definitely would be terrible PR for Grothe to be benched.

Leavitt and the PR should just indicate to Grothe haters just to get ready for him to be back next year, fair or not.

I for one could careless about PR.

I'm sure you join Leavitt and many others in that statement.  For anyone to think a guy starts a year of football guaranteed a job because he was on billboards this year is insane.

I agree the best thing for PR is to win football games and IF BJ gives a better shot to win game then he should be the QB.  Whats better Winning 10 games with a kid who isn't/wasn't on billboards or Winning 7 with a kid who is/was (im not saying BJ will get us 10 wins he is still an unknown).  The job should be up for grabs and may the player who gives us the best chance at winning games win whether that's Grothe, BJ, or even Landi. 

• Content Count:  1,894

There will be no starting QB battle between Grothe and Daniels...Leavitt will not replace Grothe. Maybe Jimbo should take a gander up to Columbus and check out how well Pryor is working out for OSU....

LOL dumb!, what are our expectations next year? Were we suppose to win this year with our best team with the most returners? Wake up, we must start our next QB and develop him, taking a step back to take a step forward. GET IT? Grothe will take us to a similar year next year with still no improvement. BJ is and should be the starting qb next year. Send a message that the better qb will start at USF, and kids should choose usf because they have a fair shot to start.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

There will be no starting QB battle between Grothe and Daniels...Leavitt will not replace Grothe. Maybe Jimbo should take a gander up to Columbus and check out how well Pryor is working out for OSU....

LOL dumb!, what are our expectations next year? Were we suppose to win this year with our best team with the most returners? Wake up, we must start our next QB and develop him, taking a step back to take a step forward. GET IT? Grothe will take us to a similar year next year with still no improvement. BJ is and should be the starting qb next year. Send a message that the better qb will start at USF, and kids should choose usf because they have a fair shot to start.

Maybe you should re-read my post, big guy. I agree that we should put Daniels in there, just like tOSU did. Im saying Leavitt wont do that though.

• Content Count:  1,894

BJ can't possibly be worse than Grothe's 14 INT's a year average, even after 3 years.

I disagree. Don't just sit there assuming BJ will be better than  Grothe. You have no, or very little, basis for that.

BJ could easily be worse than Grothe, then what will people moan about? Man, people have turned on Grothe quick. He and Marquel are our best QBs ever, but BJ somehow is a shoe-in to be better or "no worse" than them. Completely asinine.

You people have heard of the phrase "the grass is greener on the other side" right? Try being logical, BJ looks good, but is in no way obviously "no worse" than Grothe. For instance, what if his rocket arm is analogous to Hunter Cantwell (i.e. has no ability to put finesse on the ball). What if that fumble vs. UTM was a sign of things to come? Freaking A, I hope BJ is better than Grothe, but to assume it is just ridiculous.

STOP settling for mediocracy, this type of thinking is why we can't ever move on over a player who has done nothing but win 9 games, SO WHAT???????? HE THROWS 15 Pic's a year and has consistantly lowered his rushing yards and hasnt significantly increased his passing numbers. He is mediocre and we must think our recruits who should be better then a no-name kid when he came here can do equal or better then grothe. THINKING NOONE CAN DO BETTER THAN GROTHE is pathetic and setting the bar low.

• Content Count:  4,738

i would like to see some plays designed for BJ.  there is a lot you can do with two QBs on the feild that can both run, catch and pass

• Content Count:  637

STOP settling for mediocracy, this type of thinking is why we can't ever move on over a player who has done nothing but win 9 games, SO WHAT???????? HE THROWS 15 Pic's a year and has consistantly lowered his rushing yards and hasnt significantly increased his passing numbers. He is mediocre and we must think our recruits who should be better then a no-name kid when he came here can do equal or better then grothe. THINKING NOONE CAN DO BETTER THAN GROTHE is pathetic and setting the bar low.

You sure inferred a whole lot of stuff I didn't come close to saying buddy.

Thinking (hoping) our recruits are better than him are fine, but they won't necessarily be. Grothe has his problems but is the best QB we've ever seen at this school, there is NO WAY you can say that anyone else right now should be taken for granted as being "no worse" than our best QB has been (however short our history).

I hope BJ is better than Grothe, I hope BJ starts over Grothe if he is, I am not however going to say BJ could be "no worse" than Grothe. That is a totally asinine statement and could end up being completely and utterly false. If BJ happens to bust, are you going to eat your hat? I gave two quick instances of problems that could be related to BJ (also, Grothe is constantly knocked for his height and BJ has similar dimensions).

Grothe: 6'0 205 lbs

Daniels: 6'1 203 lbs

So, add his lack of height to the potential reasons BJ could fail. I'm actually pretty worried about his cannon arm after seeing a fellow cannon arm in Cantwell this year.

I don't mind you wanting Grothe out of the SL and/or Daniels (or Landi) given a real shot to start next year, but saying retarded statements like they can do "no worse" than Grothe is just flat out idiotic man.

Archived