• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What is our biggest need?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Has anyone thought about the deffensive coaches at all?  Not checking out of coverages just about the entire game.  What's up with that?  I think RK needs to be questioned too after the melt down of amry and UL driving on us like we were some pal football league team.  Anyway in light of some others games that took place today I think there is some light at the end of the tunnel for the bulls.  However, if out players don't wake up they might not see the end of the tunnel this season.

GO BULLS!!!

BIGJL

No, when it comes to defense I see more execution issues. We shut Army down until the defense stopped tackling and overpersued. OUr Secondary is slightly suspect but they are VERY young (and light).

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

I agree a new QB is a must next year. It is quite clear we arent developing the ones we have.  It shouldnt take 3 years for a qb to develop into something minutely effective.  Lets hope denson, grothe and hill have the inate talent that has been lacking.

The OC must go, no question about it.  If Jim cant see that, then he should go too.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

I think this team lacks heart and on-field leadership. Unlike previous teams, there's no Kawika Mitchell going around the sidelines trying to fire everybody up and making sure focus is kept. This team appears to have no leadership on offense or defense, and Friday night it looked like they going through the motions a bit. I've seen USF teams lose, and lose badly, but I've never seen them with so little fire.

Good point. Very good point.

And I agree with everyone else. Our Offensive Coordinator is terrible and we have the WORST QB tandem in Div 1-A.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80

Hey GarySJ,

I'm starting to see the same lack of fire.  In fact my wife and our neighbor (who we watched the UL game with) have also commented on it.  Hopefully Leavitt will do as he said in the paper and give the young guys a chance to prove themselves.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

O.C. ... Franks should be promoted ... BULLieve Grothe will be Freshmen of the year for us ... this kid is Sooo much better than last year... keeps getting better and smarter.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

We need less players who knock up two girlfriends back in high school and then get arrested for non-child support, ala Brian Fisher.

We need less players who get stoned in Ybor City with their car parked in the wrong direction, and then have a cloud of smoke billow out of the door when the cops show up.

At least back when Jimmy Johnson recruited thugs for his tenure at UM, those thugs would play like animals and win games.  We recruit a few two-bit thugs that are mediocre at best, and then get in trouble and do not play at all.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

hightechbull hits the nail on the head.

but i know one I-A team that has a worse QB tandem than we do. *sheepish*

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

USF was the first team to hold Louisville to less than 200 yards rushing.  So, consider that when commenting about moving the ball at will.

I would put our priorities like this:

1) Offensive Coordinator - If Hobbie had a different scheme, one that did not rely on the QB, USF would do better.  Heck, it might even give PJ the confidence he needs to complete more passes.  Looks like Ron Zook might be available next year.

2) Quarterback - Okay, if I told you that a I-A program would have as its STARTING QB a guy who threw a total of 100 passes in high school, you would say I must be smoking something.  Alas, USF does.  Not to say that Ronnie Banks would be better - I've seen trees that are more mobile than he is.   I don't understand why Gachette or Severino don't get the chance this year -- could either of them have been any worse than PJ was??

3) Special Teams Coach - Jim Leavitt needs to hire one instead of doing this himself.  This is the one area that has been consistently bad (except for Brandon Baker).  I haven't looked at the stats, but it seems like there have been more penalties and turnovers on special teams than on either offense or defense.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

a whole lot of talent

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

USF was the first team to hold Louisville to less than 200 yards rushing.  So, consider that when commenting about moving the ball at will.

I would put our priorities like this:

1) Offensive Coordinator - If Hobbie had a different scheme, one that did not rely on the QB, USF would do better.  Heck, it might even give PJ the confidence he needs to complete more passes.  Looks like Ron Zook might be available next year.

2) Quarterback - Okay, if I told you that a I-A program would have as its STARTING QB a guy who threw a total of 100 passes in high school, you would say I must be smoking something.  Alas, USF does.  Not to say that Ronnie Banks would be better - I've seen trees that are more mobile than he is.   I don't understand why Gachette or Severino don't get the chance this year -- could either of them have been any worse than PJ was??

3) Special Teams Coach - Jim Leavitt needs to hire one instead of doing this himself.  This is the one area that has been consistently bad (except for Brandon Baker).  I haven't looked at the stats, but it seems like there have been more penalties and turnovers on special teams than on either offense or defense.

I totally agree, especially with #2 - As bad as PJ and Banks have been, why not try Gachette.  I kept watching the game Friday after all hope was lost, to see if Gachette would play.  I think he should have tried the kid out.  I like the way he throws the ball.