• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What is our biggest need?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

What this team needs most is a few DBs with a hunger for I-N-T's; secondly some sure hands WRs; thirdly a QB that can complete a 30 yd pass 1 outa 5 attempts; lastly 2 all conference OLs w/one of them being borderline AllAm.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

QB, but there are other problems like penalties and discipline which have persisted for years. We can go out and get some good QB's, but what about the lack of discipline?

On field leadership is important for building and maintaining confidence, something which appears to be lacking right now.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

OC and QB coach

that to me is even more important than getting more talent this off season. if there are no changes, who will develop that talent?

headline: great QB recruit regressed to ineptitude by coaching staff!

have you noticed only the RB's are fired up for every down!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,651
  • Days Won:  6

Teaching players discipline in all aspects of the game.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Our one biggest need is QB.  There's no way to evaluate the play calling after the game because we couldn't execute the simplest plays.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206

Our 2 biggest needs are

#1 An OC with some Flava', I think anyone of us could do a better job. CJL that's a challenge - let me try.  At Army and UofL games, I was (as I'm sure many of you were) predicting the plays before they were called and if we can do it, don't you think D-1 programs like Army and UL can.  Hit the pavement Hobbie.

#2. A QB, I love the kids heart and determination, but PJ you just ain't got the skillz.  Sorry, let's give Gachette a try especially when you are down 40+ to 3.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127

The list goes on and on...

After watching the game I've realized that we can't:

1.  Tackle

2.  Catch

3.  Pass

4.  Pass Block

5.  QB Read a Blitz

6.  WR Read a Blitz and break off the route.

7.  Stop the Run.

8.  Stop the Pass.

9.  LINE UP ONSIDES!!!

Young/Inexperienced aside we are just plain BAD,  it's just not the players it is coaching as well.  I don't blame the OC at this point because the QB's and WR's are not giving him anything to work with.  UL stacked the box and dared us to beat them with the pass.  We missed receivers, we dropped passes, we ran wrong routes, we did not see receivers.  Puting in "The Tree" was not going to work unless you went to a total run only offense, "The Tree" is not a spread QB.

So what to do, what to do...

Leave PJ and let him work thru his problems?

or

Put in "The Tree" and play smash mouth FB?

or

Play "Inspector" Gachette and get as much experience as possible?

Either way the season is a wash, I'm not half empty just fed up.  Don't fire anyone at this point just see what they do to try to fix the problems for the future.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Experience, which we will get by continuing to play our best guys.  I feel bad for all the Monday morning QBs that have all the answers.  You guys are missing the fun.  Yea, it's tough to lose but we are playing the 15th ranked team in the country on TV and a few short years ago we didn't have a football team.  For you posters that want to fire this guy or that,play this guy at QB and make all these wholesale changes your biggest need is patience.  Here is why I am not as concerned as some of you.  Lose to UL.  They are a very good team and we just lost to a better team.  Lose to Army, Not as bad as you may think, very disappointing but look for Army to have a 500 record before the year is over.  Future is still bright.  UAB, maybe not all they are cracked up to be Just lost to Tulane who's only win prior to that game was Fl A&M,  Memphis just got crushed by Cinci who just lost to Army.  East Carolina just doesn't seem to be able to beat anyone(except Tulane) and Pitt who appears to be improving and could be a tough test at the end of the year. I look for improved play and a strong finish for our Bulls this year.  Julmiste actually hit open receivers at UL but I guess they were so shocked to get the ball they forgot to catch it.  Yup, the offense looked bad and even the announcers said that.  I hope the WRs learned how important each chance is and by not making the catch when they had the chance and UL offense got the ball to often.  To beat UAB we will have make those catchs and not give Hackney and White that many opportunities.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

RON ZOOK!!!!!!!    he is a great recruiter.. and thats what USF needs.. give levitt to the gaytors.. even trade U win.