• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I hope USF never gets to the point where....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

We are into our third year in the Big East.  Give it a rest.  No matter how "bad" our conference looks to others, it is still a BCS conference.  We are only just beginning to get the bigger recruits.  I still see the program as having a ways to go before we can be considered an elite team.  However, I believe that will happen. 

I look at the program as just beginning to develop.  I don't consider the years we spent in 1-AA in the equation at all, nor do I consider our year(s) unaffiliated with a conference.  We have done very well, thank you in our 3 years in CUSA and the 2 we have just completed in the BE. 

As far as letting Leavitt go, that isn't even worth commenting about.  IMHO 

Very well said.

^^^^  This....+100

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,019

WTF!?

Other than the Pizza Bowl Trophy, CJL has won more than you think.  

How about:

• Taking a team from NOTHING to Division 1-A in record time.
  • Taking a team from NOTHING to Ranked in record time.
  • Taking a team from NOTHING to SOMETHING using players "big teams" thought were second rate!
  • Taking a player from TALLAHASSE.  A 5-STAR Quarterback.

Sure these aren't trophies, but they are nothing to be scoffed at.

CJL will lead us to better things, but you are expecting an exponential improvement every year.

He has stuff to work on yes, but get over yourselves.

• Content Count:  5,249

We are into our third year in the Big East.   

4th year.

and it's not merely the fact that we have never won a BEast title, we've never won ANY conference title at ANY level.

i like CJL.  he has done a phenomenal job building this program. 

but we are not yet where we need to be, or where we CAN be with this program, and if Leavitt doesn't continue to show he can take this team to the next level the way he took them to the previous levels, then he shouldn't have an unlimited time to work with.

this team needs a BEast conference title, a win over a BCS team in a reasonable bowl, and a 10+ win season [in that order]...

all the "we are only 4th year in this conference" or "we are only a 12 year old program" excuses are going to wear thin sooner than later, if they haven't already.

• Content Count:  5,249

WTF!?

Other than the Pizza Bowl Trophy, CJL has won more than you think.  

How about:

• Taking a team from NOTHING to Division 1-A in record time.
  • Taking a team from NOTHING to Ranked in record time.
  • Taking a team from NOTHING to SOMETHING using players "big teams" thought were second rate!
  • Taking a player from TALLAHASSE.  A 5-STAR Quarterback.

i'm sorry, where is the stuff that he won?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Excusemy language, but I can't believe what people are saying here...

You're not used to this by now .... ?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

and it's not merely the fact that we have never won a BEast title, we've never won ANY conference title at ANY level.

LOL .... We were in CUSA 2 years and have been in the BE 3 WHOLE years without a title. You want to compare that to other BCS programs that have been around a helluvalot longer than us without a conference title in those 5 years? Take a look at how long it took UF to win a conference title .... You people need to take off the Green and Gold glases and face the reality that USF is not God's gift to college football but to be doin what we're doing right now is unbelievable ..... to all but some of our very spoiled fanbase.

i like CJL.  he has done a phenomenal job building this program. 

but we are not yet where we need to be, or where we CAN be with this program, and if Leavitt doesn't continue to show he can take this team to the next level the way he took them to the previous levels, then he shouldn't have an unlimited time to work with.

I don't think many would disagree with that ...... it's just the "unlimited time" that most would have a different definition of when it comes to this.

• Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

I can't believe I'm replying to the negative comments on here about CJL. 

There are a lot of attention seekers out there...about 75% of them are on this board.  Good grief...and you guys call yourself USF fans. 

Go Bulls!  Go CJL!

• Content Count:  7,693

:2cents If CJL keeps winning and keeps USF in the top 25 they will most likely sign him to a GOL style contract and will never let him go... he is our Bowden, Bryant, Johnson...

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Criticizing CJL is idiotic.  Talk about spoiled baby brats...

If we're at this same point in 5 years, I'll be on board.  Otherwise, enjoy the absolute crushing of the history books CJL has taken us for a ride on...and shut up about criticizing him.

Archived