• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I hope USF never gets to the point where....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We are into our third year in the Big East.  Give it a rest.  No matter how "bad" our conference looks to others, it is still a BCS conference.  We are only just beginning to get the bigger recruits.  I still see the program as having a ways to go before we can be considered an elite team.  However, I believe that will happen.  

I look at the program as just beginning to develop.  I don't consider the years we spent in 1-AA in the equation at all, nor do I consider our year(s) unaffiliated with a conference.  We have done very well, thank you in our 3 years in CUSA and the 2 we have just completed in the BE.  

As far as letting Leavitt go, that isn't even worth commenting about.  IMHO  

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I also agree with Smazza to a certain extent.  He has to at least show improvement... we are better than 4-3 in the conference.

I can almost safely assume we go 4-3 again, but if we go 4-3 NEXT season, then the frustration will start to set in.

• Content Count:  2,213

CJL is viewed at USF as B Bowden is viewed at FSU.

When CJL leaves it will be when he wants to. He has earned that right. USF footBULL is his baby. He has gone from conception to a mature footBULL program that competes on a National level.

JMHO

LEAVITT HAS WON NOTHING AND IF DOESNT WIN BIG EAST IN next 2 years he should be shown the door

true

• Content Count:  2,213

When CJL leaves it will be when he wants to. He has earned that right. USF footBULL is his baby. He has gone from conception to a mature footBULL program that competes on a National level.

JMHO

That's our problem.  We are comparing our coach to guy who stayed in the top 10 for TEN years and won TWO rings.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Jesus Christ...

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Excusemy language, but I can't believe what people are saying here...

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

JMHO

That's our problem.  We are comparing our coach to guy who stayed in the top 10 for TEN years and won TWO rings.

You are absolutely correct. So is smazza and the others. Leavitt should have been run out of town after that second year (1998) when we weren't in the top-10. How dare he. I mean, to be top-10 for 10 years, he would have had to do it early right?

I just don't even get it. I think some of you must have grown up as spoiled little piss-ants that got every thing you ever whined to your parents for.

Umm, news flash...Jim Leavitt started at USF making 70k/year and with not 1 (ONE) player on the roster. Not an assistant coach, no field, no football, NOTHING. Think about this...If, ANYONE built a top 15% company (in whatever field) in 12 years, would anyone ever even consider firing that person?

If CJL were to leave (on his own or forced), it would set up back at least 5 years...possibly more if they try to hire cheap.

To the OP, I completely agree with what you are saying, it is sad. What is more sad is that our fans (sometimes I wonder) have turned this into a thread about how/when to get rid of Jim Leavitt.

• Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

We are into our third year in the Big East.  Give it a rest.  No matter how "bad" our conference looks to others, it is still a BCS conference.  We are only just beginning to get the bigger recruits.  I still see the program as having a ways to go before we can be considered an elite team.  However, I believe that will happen. 

I look at the program as just beginning to develop.  I don't consider the years we spent in 1-AA in the equation at all, nor do I consider our year(s) unaffiliated with a conference.  We have done very well, thank you in our 3 years in CUSA and the 2 we have just completed in the BE. 

As far as letting Leavitt go, that isn't even worth commenting about.  IMHO 

^^^^  This....+100

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

thnakfully the only two opinions that matter belong to two people who know just what an outstanding job CJL has done.

Archived