• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whose done being a die-hard fan? I might be....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Fair enough. But when u love something so much, its hard to take these disappointments. This is why I posted this. I know there are plenty out there who have been fans longer than my 4 yrs so maybe there's a secrete to it. I mean, this kind of **** is worse than watching our '04 4-7 season.

You obviously haven't had kids yet.  ;D

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

All I can say is dammit man.  I knew a loss would come but against Pitt???  WTH?

• Content Count:  2,523

Could be worse, we could be Cubs fans...

Don't get me started on that....today has been a very rough day outside of the Rays...

What pisses me off is we lose the games we have no business losing.  This game was a layup.  This Pitt team SUCKS, you'll see when they get waxed by everyone else.

Ticks me off that our coaches are KILLING this team.  This team is LOADED with talent and Gregory is KILLING it.  He is so clueless on offense, the effects of bad play calling snow ball until the avalanche happens like this.  Not dialing it up EVERY WEEK on offense leads to this.  The guy is clueless in how to use Grothe.  Where are the roll outs?  The guys best attribute is his ability to create on the run.  These guys blitzed us up the middle every time and we don't roll out but 3 times the whole game?

There's no reason a guy who gets paid what Gregory does shouldn't know the friggin OBVIOUS that drunk fans at home know.  The talent on this offense is embarrassing it's so good.  Yet we can't do anything without a short field. 

Lastly, HOW THE HELL CAN WE NOT GET A **** FG OFF?  It's been a problem for YEARS and it's directly under Leavitt's control.  If he can't fix a **** FG unit, how the hell is he going to get the right coaches in here to coach this talent?  We are running Conference USA Plays with SEC talent on offense.

Yes, it's that screwed up fellas.Get ready for the St. Pete Bowl and forget about anyone taking us seriously for a long time...between Oregon, FIU and this, we've cashed out all of our "respect" equity...The Big East will be lucky to be int he BCS next go around with this crap happening...

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

This team is just to hard to get emotionally attached to. I spend so much money following this team, take time off of work, and basically schedule life around them. Every year I've watched them... disappointment. So, time to enjoy the other things in life and casually catch a game here and there when its convenient.

Ok so most of this is frustration, but i truly believe it too hard to be die-hard.

If one loss is this upsetting....    Um, let me tell you somthin, you were never a die hard fan to begin with.

• Content Count:  2,052

Mr. Feldman ;D, (don't ya like it now since you are one of us "old farts")! Can you explain to the masses about how a team can be flat, especially on a weekday game? Being a former player, can you shed some insight on here so as to put some perspective into this situation for those not so informed? Thanks Mark! Weekday games are a beeeatch!    Reaper

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

This team is just to hard to get emotionally attached to. I spend so much money following this team, take time off of work, and basically schedule life around them. Every year I've watched them... disappointment. So, time to enjoy the other things in life and casually catch a game here and there when its convenient.

Ok so most of this is frustration, but i truly believe it too hard to be die-hard.

What you post is the exact OPPOSITE of what a die-hard would say.

Cheering for this team isn't easy at time, and maybe for your mental health you SHOULD take a break and what not, but a fan who throws in the towel after the FIRST loss of a season is far from a die-hard.

If you do leave, be sure to take M-A-B with you.  ;)

• Content Count:  1,254

It's football. You'll survive. Stick with this team they will definitely please more than they disappoint.

• Content Count:  2,307

Easy fellas, RicanBull is a diehard, like most of us are.

All he's saying is that USF football is emotionall draining.  We are all VERY attached to this team(many would say too much), and we have expectations; whether single game or season.  We lost to a team I thought we should have beat.  And yes, I'm extremely upset.

Ok, so we don't have kids, and aren't married, and we have different priorities than the people that do.  Point is: most of us are diehards here, and you HAVE to admit that this game was disappointing.  And you have to admit that every year we seem to lose one (or several) games we shouldn't lose, which pisses us off.

No one here will stop supporting the team (and if you are, then screw you), we will all remain fanatics, it's just that losing so close in games like this is hard.

Let people vent, damnit!!  We'll all be ok in 2 weeks, maybe a little pessimistic, but we won't be like this.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Vent away... but don't talk about bandwagon jumping after one loss.  And that's all it is... one loss.

I want immense amounts of pain to be inflicted on Syracuse  to avenge this game...

• Content Count:  246

It's college football...  you are going to lose games every season.  UF (0), FSU (2), and Miami (3) have a combined 5 undefeated seasons in the 200 or so years that they have played football.  If anyone expects an undefeated season every year, you are going to be disapointed for a long time.

Archived