• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whose done being a die-hard fan? I might be....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  651
  • Days Won:  0

Fair enough. But when u love something so much, its hard to take these disappointments. This is why I posted this. I know there are plenty out there who have been fans longer than my 4 yrs so maybe there's a secrete to it. I mean, this kind of **** is worse than watching our '04 4-7 season.

Listen bud, this is nothing worse than that 4-7 season, especially when you are a part of that team. To be a part of one of two losing seasons in USF's short span of existance, is gut wrenching, more so when its your senior season. We will get through this loss, we still have a shot at the BE championship and BCS bowl. There is no way a "DieHard Fan" would even consider being done with this football team. Hell yeah this sucks, but we didn't play well enough to win tonight, but ****, doesn't mean we give up on the team and just stop being a die hard fan! Thats whats great about college football! 12-0 or 0-12 there are fans just rooting for their squads! I'm sure a lot of this is just drunk talk anyways! We just have to come back ready to go in 2 weeks!

Go Bulls!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  760

I guess people arent getting what I meant, Maybe just stepping away from the team a little. You know, not letting it control my life. I'm not burning my USF stuff. And I will always be proud as hell of my university. Just learning to do what someone already said, "take the good with the bad"

Sorry about being on the 4-7 team. Atleast you were part of the team. You guys were laying the foundation for what we have today. Thank you.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I guess people arent getting what I meant, Maybe just stepping away from the team a little. You know, not letting it control my life. I'm not burning my USF stuff. And I will always be proud as hell of my university. Just learning to do what someone already said, "take the good with the bad"

Sorry about being on the 4-7 team. Atleast you were part of the team. You guys were laying the foundation for what we have today. Thank you.

I hear what you're saying.

I'm one who is PASSIONATE about USF athletics. 

But it's easily #5 or #6 on my life priorities...if not even a little lower.

Your points are valid, and I hope nobody lives and dies with every game (though I know some do).

I get as fired up as anyone, but there are MANY, MANY other things in my life that take precedence, any time and anywhere.

• Content Count:  34

I hear what you're saying.

I'm one who is PASSIONATE about USF athletics. 

But it's easily #5 or #6 on my life priorities...if not even a little lower.

Your points are valid, and I hope nobody lives and dies with every game (though I know some do).

I get as fired up as anyone, but there are MANY, MANY other things in my life that take precedence, any time and anywhere.

I agree 100%.

But I'll always be a die hard, through thick and thin, 12-0 or 0-12, even though I never actually attended the school myself  :-\

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Rican, being someone who has a 5-hour roundtrip to attend a home game I understand the time commitment.  Given that my wife does not care for football, all that time (at least 10 hours on gamedays) is away from the family.  I do it because I am proud to have gone to USF, and love football.  When I stop having fun I'll stop going. Until then, go bulls!

• Content Count:  2,478

I love this school and this team. But every time it seems like we have everything figured out and are functioning on all cylinders we take a dump on the field.

Last year UCF-64-12. Next game Rutgers

This year NC STate 41-10. Next game Pitt

Everything was missing tonight. We were out coached out played in EVERY Posistion.

• Content Count:  760

Could be worse, we could be Cubs fans...

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I understand man. Right after the game, I said out loud "Im not coming to another f*cking game this season" but then I thought about how tough it is to go 12-0 and how we still can win the Big East. Its tough. Speaking of this, I just saw the highlights of our game on sportscenter....makes me sick...but you know what, we can still win the Big East, and that was our goal from the beginning of the season, so all is not lost. Remember, our goal was not to go to the NC game....it is win the BE.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,348
  • Days Won:  10

Ricanbull, it depends on the reason.  You seem to have cited the emotional rollercoaster and then cited competing life obligations.

I graduated in '94.  No team.  I started grad school in '97. Team, but wouldn't allow myself to watch more than one game per season and go to no more than that until I graduated in '03.  Reason?  I was in a very demanding program with a daily three hour roundtrip commute to work.  On school nights I did a twenty hour day with all weekend for research and papers.  I was raising two teens and know how to maintain discipline in my life and prioritize.

So, if your hiatus is due to other obligations, not only do I support you, but admire you.

But if it is because we don't win every game and a loss is too hard for you to swallow, you are on your own.  Life is like that and if you are just finding that out and can't handle it, then, "wow" is all I can say.  I hope and believe it is the former.

• Content Count:  1,370

Fair enough. But when u love something so much, its hard to take these disappointments. This is why I posted this. I know there are plenty out there who have been fans longer than my 4 yrs so maybe there's a secrete to it. I mean, this kind of **** is worse than watching our '04 4-7 season.

Listen bud, this is nothing worse than that 4-7 season, especially when you are a part of that team. To be a part of one of two losing seasons in USF's short span of existance, is gut wrenching, more so when its your senior season. We will get through this loss, we still have a shot at the BE championship and BCS bowl. There is no way a "DieHard Fan" would even consider being done with this football team. Hell yeah this sucks, but we didn't play well enough to win tonight, but ****, doesn't mean we give up on the team and just stop being a die hard fan! Thats whats great about college football! 12-0 or 0-12 there are fans just rooting for their squads! I'm sure a lot of this is just drunk talk anyways! We just have to come back ready to go in 2 weeks!

Go Bulls!

Well said, Feld. I was there too...that 4-7 season was awful to go through...especially the Army loss. These guys are kidding themselves and need to take a step back if they think this season is even close to that....WOW.

Rican, no one's stopping you. This team will finish with a good, not great, season...with or without you.

Archived