• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whose done being a die-hard fan? I might be....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

Wow. Real fans don't quit!

I've been a fan for a long time. While I was a student at the St. Pete campus someone gave me two tickets to a game and I found someone who wanted to go, we did and we had a ball. That was 9 years ago. Been a fan ever since. Tonight the loss was hard, but, hey, any given team, any given week. It's not just the game for me, it's the fans, the tailgating, the unbelievable pride I have in my alma mater, the whole package. They're my team and it doesn't matter if there's 5000 or 50000 in the stands, if we go 12-0 or 0-12. They're my team. We all spend a lot of money on it. Being a fan isn't cheap. But, as I sat sipping my after game drink and partaking of after game dessert, I realized that it wasn't such a horrible night. It was quieter than when we win, certainly somber, but it was okay.

We got the loss out of the way. Now they hunker down and play real football. It's always easier to reflect on what you've invested after a loss.

If you bail now then it is fair to say you were never a real fan.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

Fair warning, Rican...

Prepare to be BLOWTORCHED with verbal assaults from the "superfans" on this board.

FIRESTARTER

Settle down MAB, you seem a little paranoid tonight.  How about holding back on the negativity about your fellow board members.

People are free to leave this team.  It has never been for the weak of heart.

• Content Count:  1,633

Wow. Real fans don't quit!

I've been a fan for a long time. While I was a student at the St. Pete campus someone gave me two tickets to a game and I found someone who wanted to go, we did and we had a ball. That was 9 years ago. Been a fan ever since. Tonight the loss was hard, but, hey, any given team, any given week. It's not just the game for me, it's the fans, the tailgating, the unbelievable pride I have in my alma mater, the whole package. They're my team and it doesn't matter if there's 5000 or 50000 in the stands, if we go 12-0 or 0-12. They're my team. We all spend a lot of money on it. Being a fan isn't cheap. But, as I sat sipping my after game drink and partaking of after game dessert, I realized that it wasn't such a horrible night. It was quieter than when we win, certainly somber, but it was okay.

We got the loss out of the way. Now they hunker down and play real football. It's always easier to reflect on what you've invested after a loss.

If you bail now then it is fair to say you were never a real fan.

What exactly is a "real fan?"

Guest JulmisteForPrez

How about holding back on the negativity about your fellow board members.

Oh, okay.....so you mean like those board members (to whom I am referring) hold back on their negativity toward me (and others)?

Sure, Brad....I'd be glad to oblige.

That will mean actually ramping UP the negativity, though.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

sports has it's ups and downs...most things in life have their ups and downs; you stay with it cause the good is better than the bad

I've definately gone through times where i don't watch my teams as much as I'd like to because of other priorities in life...quite frankly that's just life and sometimes football can't always be a top priority...there's nothing wrong with that. Last season I could have made it to the UConn game...instead I spent time with my family I never see...priorities

I'll be the first to admit that during a game I live and die with my team...but in the end I also realize it's just a game.

Seriously, have you never been a fan of a team that's lost before? I mean it is one loss, one that I expected to come at some point this season. Not necessarily tonight but at some point. I don't understand how one loss can make you feel that way, but maybe it's just me. As bad as tonight was I've seen USF loose worse games in the past, not to mention if you've been watching USF for long enough a lot of the mistakes I got to see were the same things we've done poorly for years...undisciplined penalties, poor clock management, bad play calling, etc etc.

fact is that in the end it's worth it, at least to me it is...and if it ever stops being worth it I'll stop watching the game. I hope that day never comes

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

Well it's going to be a rough night for many, no need to start talking about the big bad wolf.  Thanks.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I hear ya'.

Just saying it goes both ways.

M-A-B signing out for the night.

'Tis true....tomorrow is indeed another day.

Though that won't help the Bulls regain the national respect they relinquished tonight.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The game was very disappointing but ill be a bulls fan till i take my last breath. 

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

The game was very disappointing but ill be a bulls fan till i take my last breath. 

+1

I don't even know how I ended up at USF in the first place.  But now that I am here, I will NEVER, EVER bleed anything but GREEN and GOLD. 

:gobulls GO B ~U~ LLS  :gobulls

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Could be worse, we could be Cubs fans...

lol.... so true.

Archived