• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My thoughts on BJ Daniels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

bottom line, bj didn't want to redshirt.

Coach Leavitt said that he wasn't going to redshirt him when he signed. Saying that, he showed a lot in his first game. Fumbled in his first possession, then thew a perfect deep flag route. He's got great snap on his throws and great foot work. He has a lot of tools that a lot of college QB's don't have. And he's just a freshmen.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Comparing BJ Daniels to MG is like comparing Pat J to Marquel Blackwell.  Wait until he gets his shot.

You are absolutely correct, though you have it backwards. Just like PJ, everyone expects BJD to be great, but, just like Blackwell, Grothe already is great.

At any rate, I think I saw another thread in which Grothe and BJ were mentioned, please go seek that one out an comment on how you don't think Grothe is any good and BJ is the next coming of Jesus Christ. We'll see when we see, but for now, NO ONE is beating out MG for the job. When you find that other thread and make your post, rest assured that it will come up as "ignored" on my screen. That's an achievement because I continue to read smazza's drivel.

Another underachiever who abuses the word "great".  Matt Grothe is not a "great" QB.  He has won many games for us on the strength of a very solid defense.  You can disagree with me if you like but then again you cannot se what I see.  You don't have the eye for talent.  Matt Grothe is a "good" QB.  That's it.  You must be a child of the 90's, when teachers told all the kids how "great" they were.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

BJ is very highly thought of by the coaches. While he was rated as the strongest arm in HS by Rivals or Scout, what has blown away the coaches, is his feet.  The person I know who is very close to the coaches and really knows his stuff (been in major college  coaching for over 20 years) told me BJ has the best feet of any QB he's been around.

Blasphemy...he couldn't possibly have a better arm and footwork than the "Great" MG...at least according to the all knowing "Orlando Bull" and a couple other MG lackeys that is.

Just as I schooled this board on the shortcomings of Robert Mccullum from THE DAY he was hired, I have now schooled this board on the talent differential between MG and BJ.  It took two years for everyone else to realize what I already knew re RMC, and it will take about as long for everyone to realize what I already know re BJ.  I am willing to wait.  ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Just as I schooled this board on the shortcomings of Robert Mccullum from THE DAY he was hired,

Blindsquirrel.jpg

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Man crush on BJ... They should start him this week... sit Grothe for the first couple of series... and see how BJ functions under an opposing team's hostile environment. I think the kid will thrive under pressure. Believe it or not, I think we've been snatching the better QB recruits with respect to two of the three of the Big Four.

Tebow, Ponder, Marve, Brantley, Newton, Harris.....

Really?

• Content Count:  1,457

Will make a fine starter and replacement for Grothe in 1 2/3 years.

• Content Count:  1,478

Man crush on BJ... They should start him this week... sit Grothe for the first couple of series... and see how BJ functions under an opposing team's hostile environment. I think the kid will thrive under pressure. Believe it or not, I think we've been snatching the better QB recruits with respect to two of the three of the Big Four.

Tebow, Ponder, Marve, Brantley, Newton, Harris.....

Really?

marve was garbage against florida. bj has a lot of promise i think

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

you do have to wonder why Grothe was reshirted?  When he arrived, all we had was Pat J.  We REALLY needed someone, yet we sat Grothe?  This year, we're NOWHERE near that desparate, yet we don't sit BJ?

PJ was a JR

We had Grant after he sat out his transfer season

Hill didn't RS

Reason, we sat Grothe.

Sure I'll find another post to comment on my other thought.

Well ... I expect a great QB recruit in 2008, 09 & 10 ... not ready to give BJ or anyone the job after Grothe.

Curious of beastie's qualifications.  :pick

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Comparing BJ Daniels to MG is like comparing Pat J to Marquel Blackwell.  Wait until he gets his shot.

You are absolutely correct, though you have it backwards. Just like PJ, everyone expects BJD to be great, but, just like Blackwell, Grothe already is great.

At any rate, I think I saw another thread in which Grothe and BJ were mentioned, please go seek that one out an comment on how you don't think Grothe is any good and BJ is the next coming of Jesus Christ. We'll see when we see, but for now, NO ONE is beating out MG for the job. When you find that other thread and make your post, rest assured that it will come up as "ignored" on my screen. That's an achievement because I continue to read smazza's drivel.

...Matt Grothe is not a "great" QB.  ...  You can disagree with me if you like but then again you cannot se what I see.  You don't have the eye for talent.  Matt Grothe is a "good" QB.  That's it.  ...

:shhh

I'm pinning my hopes on MG ...  MG is a proven winner and leader.  ...

Guess you better put your glasses back on.  8)

Just having fun  ;D

I'm down in Tampa now and watched the spring game for the first time.  PJ looked better than any of our other QBs.  His arm is much better than Grothe's and his head is much better than Hill's.  I don't believe Grothe has the size to overtake him this season.   I wish MG had CH's arm, or that CH had MG's accuracy/ability to pick up the offense. 

...   if Grothe were better he would have beaten PJ out.  He's not better.  He doesn't have the arm.  So we're stuck with PJ. 

Classic . . . okay, back to regular scheduled LOVE of my team  ;D

... We were stuck with PJ because MG couldn't beat him out.  Grothe did not beat PJ out in the pre-season.  You don't see me starting threads about it do you?  Again my problem is not with MG it is with YOU.

Well ... learn to deal with OPTIMISM !

;D

GrothE is not the first or last player that will be pimped overboard by me.  8-)

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

...Matt Grothe is not a "great" QB.  ...  You can disagree with me if you like but then again you cannot se what I see.  You don't have the eye for talent.  Matt Grothe is a "good" QB.  That's it.  ...

:shhh

I'm pinning my hopes on MG ...  MG is a proven winner and leader.  ...

Guess you better put your glasses back on.  8)

Just having fun  ;D

I'm down in Tampa now and watched the spring game for the first time.  PJ looked better than any of our other QBs.  His arm is much better than Grothe's and his head is much better than Hill's.  I don't believe Grothe has the size to overtake him this season.   I wish MG had CH's arm, or that CH had MG's accuracy/ability to pick up the offense. 

:ROFLMAO

Archived